Venture Lighting Europe expands Solid State Capabilities
24 February 2015
Metal Halide lighting pioneer names European leader to lead business development effort
Venture Lighting, the premier innovator and industry leader of metal halide lighting solutions is set to extend its innovation to include the fast developing solid state lighting product area.
Solid State Lighting (SSL) technology has grown faster than any other, said Sabu Krishnan, president, making 2015 the ideal time for Venture to enhance its industry-leading product set. “Venture has long held a dominant position in HID because of our scientific and operational innovation,” he said. “Our customers demand the best solutions for their lighting needs, and it’s crucial that we apply our considerable abilities to SSL, now that the technology has proved its adaptability to the range of lighting situations we see in the marketplace.
“We look forward to bringing the same pioneering spirit to SSL, even as we continue to improve and enhance our metal halide product and serve and support our customers,” Krishnan concluded.
To demonstrate its commitment to SSL, Venture also announced that Keith Price, previously Managing Director of Venture Lighting Europe since 1990, will lead the SSL business development effort around the world.
Price began his Venture Lighting career while being an independent distributor in 1985, rising to lead the company’s UK and European business as Managing Director as it built its brand dominance. Prior to joining Venture, he spent 12 years with City Electrical Factors, including positions as branch manager, regional manager in the UK and general manager for Germany, and then worked as an independent distributor.
“SSL technology is the future of our industry,” Price commented, “and to continue bringing Venture’s history of lighting innovation to that future is personally and professionally exciting for me.”
In his new role, Keith will build a support team of Solid State Lighting product managers and design engineers, based at Venture Lighting offices and manufacturing centres around the world.
“We are committed to bringing the fi nest SSL products to market around the world, and will shortly release an expanded product line that will enable our customers to pick the right technology, or blend of technologies, most appropriate for their needs,” said Price. “This sales and design team will offer the specifi c expertise and capabilities to SSL that our metal halide customers have grown to expect in that important product set.”
Richard Morris has been appointed to succeed Keith Price as managing director of Venture Lighting Europe. Morris, most recently served as sales director wholesale/distribution for the UK and Europe since 2002.
Venture Lighting International is an Advanced Lighting Technologies company.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/10/2016 - New Venture website offers smart lighting design tool
- 19/09/2016 - Venture Lighting unveils new products in latest catalogue
- 30/08/2016 - Venture creates bespoke lighting solution for Costco underground car park
- 22/07/2016 - Venture's advanced street lighting creates great energy savings for london borough of Merton
- 14/06/2016 - Venture lighting europe's energy saving retrofit corn lamps now available
- 14/04/2016 - Venture launches contemporary led filament lamp range
- 31/03/2016 - Venture upgrades high bays to create premium industrial luminaire
- 03/03/2016 - Venture publishes new VLED catalogue
- 10/02/2016 - Venture showcases new vled range at light + building 2016
- 06/01/2016 - LED's from Venture illuminate Museum displays
- 11/12/2015 - Venture present new range of industrial Luminaires