Purchase invoice scanning making an impact
19 May 2010
How scanning purchase invoices to electronic format makes an impact on office efficiency!Many offices around the UK will have invoices stored and filed away with the majority of these still in hard copy format in the office.
Here we take a look at the great impact that purchase invoice scanning and electronic archiving has had on offices that now have access to all purchase invoices at their desktops.
Example 1: An accountancy firm in London recently took the decision to scan all of their client’s invoices, small receipts and other financial documents using Pearl Scan Solutions.
Now they are able to outsource these for calculating therefore saving them time and costs of ordering these files and extracting the information from each form repeatedly. They can also give the documents back to their customer on disk in electronic format which also streamlines their process as they can now locate any invoice using a text search for the invoice number!
Example 2: A pensions company also recently came to Pearl Scan to have their entire client invoices scanned in.
They had boxes full of invoices and required more streamline document management in the office ‘All of our invoices were in boxes previously and finding one wasn’t easy, now we just type an invoice number into our file searcher and that invoice pops up on screen straight away!’.
This in turn collectively saves thousands of pounds per year on filing, searching, printing, copying, printer costs, staff time and more.
Example 3: A parts manufacturer had around 40 boxes of invoice that they used to search through often to refer back to past transactions.
Once they decided to have all of these purchase invoices digitised and scanned they never looked back and as a result of the quick retrieval time and office efficiency they have decided to digitise their sales documents in the same manner.
So it seems there is glaring evidence that more and more companies are taking the digital approach to invoice retrieval. With the government clamping down on emissions and office efficiency it seems this area is still growing and will only become more of a requirement as time progresses.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/11/2011 - 3 Reasons Why You Should Convert Your Book to eBook
- 27/10/2011 - 3 Myths That Stop Companies From Adopting Digital Document Management
- 25/10/2011 - Save Valuable Space in the Office Using a Document Scanning Service
- 13/10/2011 - Could You Benefit Further From Digital Document Archiving?
- 06/10/2011 - Document Scanning or Document Storage - What Would Benefit My Business More?
- 06/10/2011 - Improve The Security Of Your Files Using Document Scanning
- 19/09/2011 - Take Cloud Hosting Your Documents To The Next Level Using Document Management and Scanning Services
- 06/09/2011 - Document Scanning in Business Reaps Major Benefits for Companies
- 05/09/2011 - Convert Your Books to Kindle
- 05/09/2011 - Business Is a Riot: The Importance of Backing Up and Being Sure
- 10/08/2011 - How Document Scanning Can Help Your Business, Whether You're Big or Small
- 03/08/2011 - Document Scanning Services - Reducing The Risk of Document Loss Every Day
- 02/08/2011 - Digital Leads In Breaking News - Popularity of Digital Newspapers Soars
- 01/08/2011 - From The Cupboard to the Cloud. Where next for document management?
- 13/07/2011 - Modernising The Old - Choosing The Right Book Scanning Company
- 11/07/2011 - The BBC, Moleskine, American Airlines…They’re All Doing It…Why Don’t You?
- 29/06/2011 - How Far Away Are We From The Paperless Office?
- 20/06/2011 - 4 Simple Ways to Improve Your Records Management
- 08/06/2011 - Pearl Scan Bring In New Business Development Manager
- 08/06/2011 - Is the End Night for Paper In Business?
- 31/05/2011 - Aperture Card Scanning
- 25/05/2011 - Find Out More About What People Think About Your Business Than Ever Before
- 03/05/2011 - All Tapped Out – The End of Typewriter Production As Last Typewriter Firm Closes It’s Doors
- 19/04/2011 - Document Storage – Go Digital and Save Thousands
- 18/04/2011 - Everything you need to know about Data Capture
- 05/04/2011 - Electronic Document Management – Why It’s The Future Of Business
- 28/03/2011 - Document Scanning – How Document Scanning Can Help Your Efficiency
- 28/03/2011 - The Paperless Office – Is the future of the office finally here?
- 23/03/2011 - Pearl Scan Upgrade Their Book Scanner for Improved Book, Magazine and Comic Scanning!
- 23/02/2010 - London offices digitising Microfilm and Microfiche
- 25/01/2010 - Book scanning making learning more convenient
- 12/01/2010 - New Year & new decade means fresh start in offices
- 18/12/2009 - The Secret to saving thousands of pounds around the office annually
- 04/11/2009 - Autumn brightens up with Pearl Scan offers
- 28/08/2009 - Pearl Scan OCR is changing the face of hard copy documents
- 19/08/2009 - Money down the drain still rife amid recession
- 17/08/2009 - Photograph and slide scanning helping to keep archived photographs in use
- 24/07/2009 - Electronic Document Management Systems save space, time and money
- 20/07/2009 - Electronic Training courses - changing the way our society learns
- 09/07/2009 - Archiving the deceased
- 12/12/2008 - Document Scanning and Microsoft Sharepoint Improving Businesses
- 06/11/2008 - Electronic purchase invoices save time and money
- 04/11/2008 - Legal e-Bible still helping Solicitors
- 22/10/2008 - The 'Credit Crunch' gets Archived by Scanning Company