Spiroflow acquires food control solutions
07 July 2015
Spiroflow, a leading manufacturer of conveying, bulk handling and weighing systems for process companies across the world, has expanded its range of services to the food industry with the company’s acquisition of automation specialists Food Control Solutions.The coming together of the two companies combines the strength of Spiroflow’s bulk material handling solutions with the expertise of a leading designer of industrial control systems.
Spiroflow’s UK Marketing Manager, Ben Ayrton said: “We are very excited about joining forces with Food Control Solutions. In addition to our conveying equipment, we will also be able to draw on the quality, ingenuity and excellent reputation of their automated systems, allowing us to provide complete end to end process solutions for our customers.”
Food Control Solutions was founded in 2000, with the principal goal of providing automation solutions to the food and dairy industries. They became a recognised systems integrator for Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Automation and within two years became an approved integrator for one of the largest food processors in the world. It has also invested in the paint and finishing industries with the purchase of Reflex Systems and Impel Automation.
These businesses now link up with Spiroflow Automation Solutions Inc, which was launched in 2014. The new set up provides the most comprehensive, top of line custom automation and systems integration solutions in the food, dairy, paint and finishing industries.
Ben Ayrton added: “We have great opportunities ahead with the combined strength of the Food Control Solutions and Spiroflow teams, allowing us to expand our markets by giving us access to a complete range of products and services that other suppliers will find hard to match. The cornerstone of our success is the ability to design and develop customised equipment to meet the needs of customers. Now we have the capacity to do the same for their control systems.”
Spiroflow Ltd based in Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK and Spiroflow Systems, based in the Charlotte, NC Metro area of USA are wholly owned subsidiaries of Spiroflow Holdings, Inc. For over 45 years, Spiroflow has designed, engineered and manufactured its leading line of powder handling solutions. The company offers a wide range of standard and custom options for both small and large volume users. Products include bulk bag dischargers and Spirofil™ bulk bag fillers, flexible screw conveyors, Aeroflow™ aero mechanical conveyors, Cableflow® tubular cable drag conveyors, Dynaflow® tubular chain drag conveyors, auxiliary powder handling equipment as well as case packing, carton loading, palletizing and robotic palletizing solutions.
Spiroflow Automations Solutions, Inc. was launched in 2014 to supply control system design, industrial automation integration, control system migration, and HMI design along with procurement, start up services and long term client support.
Primary markets include the food, dairy, snack food, confectionery, beverage, pet food, pharmaceutical, packaging, industrial, chemical, plastics, minerals, cement, environmental, waste, and recycling.
For more information on Spiroflow’s products and services visit or call +44 (0)1200 422525.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2015 - Spiroflow's conveying solutions go on the road to Dubai
- 08/09/2015 - Spiroflow Will Unveil New Flexible Conveying System At Ppma - Ppma, Nec Birmingham, September 29-october 1, Stand G36
- 12/02/2015 - New Technology Centre brings superior testing to spiroflow
- 03/10/2014 - Spiroflow's Robust Handling Equipment Built to Survive Stormy Seas
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Takes New Angle with Equipment to Tackle Dust
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Unveils New Bin Activator for Difficult Materials
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Targets UK Ingredients Sector with New CTE Bulk Bag Filler
- 30/09/2014 - Safe Handling of Biomass Materials with Spiroflow
- 09/01/2013 - Spiroflow conveyors – fit as a Butcher’s dog!
- 03/07/2012 - Preview of Spiroflow Ltd’s participation in the PPMA 2012 Exhibition at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, September 25-27, 2012.
- 13/06/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyors – sweet success in Africa!
- 23/02/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filler – helping to make money from waste.
- 02/11/2011 - NEW Tilting Mobile Flexible Screw Conveyor from Spiroflow
- 12/07/2011 - Spiroflow Powder Handling & Processing Systems – Stand G16
- 29/03/2011 - New ‘Rise and Fall’ Bulk Bag Filler from Spiroflow
- 14/02/2011 - Sometimes life has to be a Drag!
- 18/12/2010 - Spiroflow joins the club at Liverpool biscuit factory
- 22/07/2010 - Bag to the future!
- 22/07/2010 - Spiroflow Ltd in joint venture with Horizon Systems Inc.
- 16/06/2010 - Spiroflow acquires Dynamet Inc.
- 16/03/2010 - United Utilities treats water to PAC Dosing System
- 17/02/2010 - Aero Mechanical Conveyor does sterling job for US coffee blender
- 02/02/2010 - Spiroflow dip dabs Tangerine Confectionery
- 27/01/2010 - Spiroflow helps recycle sulphur on Alaskas' north slope oil refinery
- 21/01/2010 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyors keep Tin Oxide moving
- 22/07/2009 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyor is no Red Herring in Orkney
- 14/05/2009 - Spiroflow Aero-Mechanical Conveyor spicing it up for Pataks
- 05/12/2008 - Highest accuracy ‘Spirofil’ Big Bag Filler to Date
- 11/11/2008 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Handling Equipment at Dekura
- 18/08/2008 - Spiroflow and the 'Dream Machine.'
- 09/07/2008 - Spiroflow Supply Tetley Tea with Big Bag Discharging Solution
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filling Machine at PET Processors (UK) L.L.C
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Big Bag Discharger – a gem of a job!
- 26/11/2007 - Nothing fishy about this discharger!
- 26/11/2007 - Spiroflow system transforms output
- 23/11/2007 - A ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Discharger and Flexible Screw Conveyor
- 23/11/2007 - Spiroflow on the road to success
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow conveyor gives more grist to the mill!
- 22/11/2007 - Weigh, weigh the best - time and time again!
- 22/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ conveyors – to cap it all!
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow’ Flexible Screw Conveyors – BALly good job!