Spiroflow Aero-Mechanical Conveyor spicing it up for Pataks
14 May 2009
The Aero-Mechanical Conveyor was the natural choice for the food processing companys' ingredients handling systems, at their Leigh, Lancashire factory, earlier this year.
As Projects Manager, Ray Brown, confirms, “We did our homework and concluded that an Aero-Mechanical Conveyor was what we needed. We talked to several suppliers and chose Spiroflow because they offered us the best deal. We are well satisfied with the performance of the equipment and the support we got from Spiroflow”.
The 3 metre long ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyor is used to transfer a host of ingredients from the warehouse, through a wall and into wheeled bins in the cookhouse. These ingredients are many and varied, ranging from coconut milk powder to kibbled onions. They are manually emptied from bags-in-boxes. Typically, well over a hundred bags of ingredients are emptied into the conveyor every day.
Today, Patak's has more than 300 employees at their Leigh factory, and their products are distributed internationally to more than 40 countries. The Leigh factory was a significant investment in state of the art food processing facilities which, at 164,000 sq ft, is believed to be the largest Indian food factory in the world. It was officially opened on 1st February 2002 by Cherie Booth QC. The factory’s output is impressive: using 2,700 tonnes of spices from around the world, together with other ingredients, they produce over 1 million snacks, over 1.5 million ready meals and 30 million jars of sauce a year. To achieve this they are currently working 24 hours for 5 days a week.
When asked why they selected an Aero-Mechanical Conveyor, Ray Brown advises that they needed a cost effective conveyor capable of self-emptying - to ensure that everything that is introduced into the inlet comes out at the other end – an essential attribute when making up accurate batches of ingredients to guarantee the quality and flavours for which Patak’s are renowned.
The ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyor supplied to Patak’s is of stainless steel construction and is complete with interlocked, quick-release hatches to the sprocket housings. These facilitate easy cleaning. The conveyor has an integral feed hopper with vibrating air pad to promote the flow of ingredients into the conveyor. The top of the hopper has a shelf and mesh grill to enable bags of material to be opened and tipped with ease.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2015 - Spiroflow's conveying solutions go on the road to Dubai
- 08/09/2015 - Spiroflow Will Unveil New Flexible Conveying System At Ppma - Ppma, Nec Birmingham, September 29-october 1, Stand G36
- 07/07/2015 - Spiroflow acquires food control solutions
- 12/02/2015 - New Technology Centre brings superior testing to spiroflow
- 03/10/2014 - Spiroflow's Robust Handling Equipment Built to Survive Stormy Seas
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Takes New Angle with Equipment to Tackle Dust
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Unveils New Bin Activator for Difficult Materials
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Targets UK Ingredients Sector with New CTE Bulk Bag Filler
- 30/09/2014 - Safe Handling of Biomass Materials with Spiroflow
- 09/01/2013 - Spiroflow conveyors – fit as a Butcher’s dog!
- 03/07/2012 - Preview of Spiroflow Ltd’s participation in the PPMA 2012 Exhibition at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, September 25-27, 2012.
- 13/06/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyors – sweet success in Africa!
- 23/02/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filler – helping to make money from waste.
- 02/11/2011 - NEW Tilting Mobile Flexible Screw Conveyor from Spiroflow
- 12/07/2011 - Spiroflow Powder Handling & Processing Systems – Stand G16
- 29/03/2011 - New ‘Rise and Fall’ Bulk Bag Filler from Spiroflow
- 14/02/2011 - Sometimes life has to be a Drag!
- 18/12/2010 - Spiroflow joins the club at Liverpool biscuit factory
- 22/07/2010 - Bag to the future!
- 22/07/2010 - Spiroflow Ltd in joint venture with Horizon Systems Inc.
- 16/06/2010 - Spiroflow acquires Dynamet Inc.
- 16/03/2010 - United Utilities treats water to PAC Dosing System
- 17/02/2010 - Aero Mechanical Conveyor does sterling job for US coffee blender
- 02/02/2010 - Spiroflow dip dabs Tangerine Confectionery
- 27/01/2010 - Spiroflow helps recycle sulphur on Alaskas' north slope oil refinery
- 21/01/2010 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyors keep Tin Oxide moving
- 22/07/2009 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyor is no Red Herring in Orkney
- 05/12/2008 - Highest accuracy ‘Spirofil’ Big Bag Filler to Date
- 11/11/2008 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Handling Equipment at Dekura
- 18/08/2008 - Spiroflow and the 'Dream Machine.'
- 09/07/2008 - Spiroflow Supply Tetley Tea with Big Bag Discharging Solution
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filling Machine at PET Processors (UK) L.L.C
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Big Bag Discharger – a gem of a job!
- 26/11/2007 - Nothing fishy about this discharger!
- 26/11/2007 - Spiroflow system transforms output
- 23/11/2007 - A ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Discharger and Flexible Screw Conveyor
- 23/11/2007 - Spiroflow on the road to success
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow conveyor gives more grist to the mill!
- 22/11/2007 - Weigh, weigh the best - time and time again!
- 22/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ conveyors – to cap it all!
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow’ Flexible Screw Conveyors – BALly good job!