Bag to the future!
22 July 2010
Significant improvements have been made by Spiroflow Ltd to their range of Bulk Bag Fillers - all increase filling accuracy and cycle time.The all new C Series Bulk Bag Filler is the model for users wanting to remove bags on a pallet by forklift truck.
It retains the robust, 2 leg frame offering unimpeded access to the front of the filler for the easy hanging of empty bags. Dependent upon the application, filling can either controlled by volume or by weight. For customers wanting ‘Weights and Measures’ (OIML) approval, there is the option of an automatic ‘gain-in-weight’ weighing system with programmable one-touch controls. The operator can control Bulk Bag Filler operations, accurate to +/- 1%, as well as the upstream material feed devices.
Filling rates of up to 20 bags an hour are attainable, depending on the ‘flowability’ of the product and the storage hopper, or conveyor, used to deliver the product to the filler. It is ideally suited for applications in all industries including chemical, food, dairy, pharmaceutical, animal feed, plastics, minerals and aggregates.
The newly redesigned C Series Bulk Bag Filler can be readily customised to meet individual user requirements. Below are some examples of custom features:
Powered Height Adjustment: this option lets the operator quickly adjust the height between filling cycles to accommodate differing size Bulk Bags.
Rear Bag Loops move forward: for easy bag hanging.
Automatic opening of bag hooks: this simultaneously opens/closes all bag hooks to allow for faster detachment of the Bulk Bag loops from the Bulk Bag Filler. This operation is especially beneficial when using a powered roller conveyor as it can be linked so that the bag loops are released before the roller conveyor operates.
Filling Head with inflatable mechanical seal: this option ensures a dust tight seal between the Bulk Bag Filler and the Bulk Bag for hygienic, dust-free operation.
Movable Filling Head: another aid for easier, safer and faster bag hanging which reduces operator fatigue and eliminates the need for the operator to step onto the filler – which must be avoided at all costs with a roller conveyor base.
Liner inflation device: inflates the Bulk Bag’s liner with ambient air and creates slight positive pressure to remove wrinkles and properly form the bag to assure maximum material capacity. This facility also enables the bag to be inflated with nitrogen when packing materials that oxidise during storage.
Roller Bed: the roller bed system, either manual or powered, enables filled bags to be removed from the filler and an empty bag to be rigged even went a folklift truck is not immediately available – making for increased productivity.
Electric or pneumatic vibrators: during the filling process, vibrators improve material densification in the Bulk Bag. This increases productivity, maximises the use of space and ensures that filled bags are safe for further handling, storage or transportation and that they are aesthetically pleasing too.
To learn more about Spiroflow’s new Bulk Bag Fillers, their Big Bag Dischargers and their ranges of Flexible Screw, Aero-Mechanical, Drag Conveyors, Pneumatic and Vacuum Conveyors too, visit their web site at www.spiroflow.com or call them on +44 (0)1200 422525 to discuss your specific requirements.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2015 - Spiroflow's conveying solutions go on the road to Dubai
- 08/09/2015 - Spiroflow Will Unveil New Flexible Conveying System At Ppma - Ppma, Nec Birmingham, September 29-october 1, Stand G36
- 07/07/2015 - Spiroflow acquires food control solutions
- 12/02/2015 - New Technology Centre brings superior testing to spiroflow
- 03/10/2014 - Spiroflow's Robust Handling Equipment Built to Survive Stormy Seas
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Takes New Angle with Equipment to Tackle Dust
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Unveils New Bin Activator for Difficult Materials
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Targets UK Ingredients Sector with New CTE Bulk Bag Filler
- 30/09/2014 - Safe Handling of Biomass Materials with Spiroflow
- 09/01/2013 - Spiroflow conveyors – fit as a Butcher’s dog!
- 03/07/2012 - Preview of Spiroflow Ltd’s participation in the PPMA 2012 Exhibition at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, September 25-27, 2012.
- 13/06/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyors – sweet success in Africa!
- 23/02/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filler – helping to make money from waste.
- 02/11/2011 - NEW Tilting Mobile Flexible Screw Conveyor from Spiroflow
- 12/07/2011 - Spiroflow Powder Handling & Processing Systems – Stand G16
- 29/03/2011 - New ‘Rise and Fall’ Bulk Bag Filler from Spiroflow
- 14/02/2011 - Sometimes life has to be a Drag!
- 18/12/2010 - Spiroflow joins the club at Liverpool biscuit factory
- 22/07/2010 - Spiroflow Ltd in joint venture with Horizon Systems Inc.
- 16/06/2010 - Spiroflow acquires Dynamet Inc.
- 16/03/2010 - United Utilities treats water to PAC Dosing System
- 17/02/2010 - Aero Mechanical Conveyor does sterling job for US coffee blender
- 02/02/2010 - Spiroflow dip dabs Tangerine Confectionery
- 27/01/2010 - Spiroflow helps recycle sulphur on Alaskas' north slope oil refinery
- 21/01/2010 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyors keep Tin Oxide moving
- 22/07/2009 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyor is no Red Herring in Orkney
- 14/05/2009 - Spiroflow Aero-Mechanical Conveyor spicing it up for Pataks
- 05/12/2008 - Highest accuracy ‘Spirofil’ Big Bag Filler to Date
- 11/11/2008 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Handling Equipment at Dekura
- 18/08/2008 - Spiroflow and the 'Dream Machine.'
- 09/07/2008 - Spiroflow Supply Tetley Tea with Big Bag Discharging Solution
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filling Machine at PET Processors (UK) L.L.C
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Big Bag Discharger – a gem of a job!
- 26/11/2007 - Nothing fishy about this discharger!
- 26/11/2007 - Spiroflow system transforms output
- 23/11/2007 - A ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Discharger and Flexible Screw Conveyor
- 23/11/2007 - Spiroflow on the road to success
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow conveyor gives more grist to the mill!
- 22/11/2007 - Weigh, weigh the best - time and time again!
- 22/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ conveyors – to cap it all!
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow’ Flexible Screw Conveyors – BALly good job!