Photograph and slide scanning helping to keep archived photographs in use
17 August 2009
Pearl Scan are helping many companies to keep their old filing cabinet bound documents, photographs and 35mm slides in use, with conversion to electronic format.Conversion to electronic format is ideal for regular viewing via PC's, DVD players and other digital presentations, with the aid of document scanning and archiving.
Ever since the digital age took over, the hard copy photograph is slowly being phased out, as the majority of people now use digital cameras and keep any work related photographs on their computers. They are always backed up and can be viewed in a variety of formats depending on the users' choice. With historical and past project photographs stored away, these can become degraded and damaged over time and this also happens with 35mm slides especially when handling and viewing them is a little trickier.
Pearl Scan Solutions have recently been working with many publication and editorial companies to have their photographs converted to electronic format to be safely archived and used again when needed. With the aid of photograph and slide scanning they are scanned and output to a detailed electronic format just like todays' pictures. However, it does not end there. As people find they want these photographs used more for larger scale viewing, Pearl Scan have small and large batches scanned and converted into a DVD movie to watch in meetings, presentations or company promotions.
Electronic formats can also be manipulated, enhanced and then put into a slideshow movie format, which can then be used on a DVD which anyone can put in their DVD player.
More and more organisations are jumping on board to convert their old photographs and slides to electronic format to add alongside their current digital pictures. As well as photograph intense organisations finding the service useful to clean up their back offices the service equally as popular for personal collections.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/11/2011 - 3 Reasons Why You Should Convert Your Book to eBook
- 27/10/2011 - 3 Myths That Stop Companies From Adopting Digital Document Management
- 25/10/2011 - Save Valuable Space in the Office Using a Document Scanning Service
- 13/10/2011 - Could You Benefit Further From Digital Document Archiving?
- 06/10/2011 - Document Scanning or Document Storage - What Would Benefit My Business More?
- 06/10/2011 - Improve The Security Of Your Files Using Document Scanning
- 19/09/2011 - Take Cloud Hosting Your Documents To The Next Level Using Document Management and Scanning Services
- 06/09/2011 - Document Scanning in Business Reaps Major Benefits for Companies
- 05/09/2011 - Convert Your Books to Kindle
- 05/09/2011 - Business Is a Riot: The Importance of Backing Up and Being Sure
- 10/08/2011 - How Document Scanning Can Help Your Business, Whether You're Big or Small
- 03/08/2011 - Document Scanning Services - Reducing The Risk of Document Loss Every Day
- 02/08/2011 - Digital Leads In Breaking News - Popularity of Digital Newspapers Soars
- 01/08/2011 - From The Cupboard to the Cloud. Where next for document management?
- 13/07/2011 - Modernising The Old - Choosing The Right Book Scanning Company
- 11/07/2011 - The BBC, Moleskine, American Airlines…They’re All Doing It…Why Don’t You?
- 29/06/2011 - How Far Away Are We From The Paperless Office?
- 20/06/2011 - 4 Simple Ways to Improve Your Records Management
- 08/06/2011 - Pearl Scan Bring In New Business Development Manager
- 08/06/2011 - Is the End Night for Paper In Business?
- 31/05/2011 - Aperture Card Scanning
- 25/05/2011 - Find Out More About What People Think About Your Business Than Ever Before
- 03/05/2011 - All Tapped Out – The End of Typewriter Production As Last Typewriter Firm Closes It’s Doors
- 19/04/2011 - Document Storage – Go Digital and Save Thousands
- 18/04/2011 - Everything you need to know about Data Capture
- 05/04/2011 - Electronic Document Management – Why It’s The Future Of Business
- 28/03/2011 - Document Scanning – How Document Scanning Can Help Your Efficiency
- 28/03/2011 - The Paperless Office – Is the future of the office finally here?
- 23/03/2011 - Pearl Scan Upgrade Their Book Scanner for Improved Book, Magazine and Comic Scanning!
- 19/05/2010 - Purchase invoice scanning making an impact
- 23/02/2010 - London offices digitising Microfilm and Microfiche
- 25/01/2010 - Book scanning making learning more convenient
- 12/01/2010 - New Year & new decade means fresh start in offices
- 18/12/2009 - The Secret to saving thousands of pounds around the office annually
- 04/11/2009 - Autumn brightens up with Pearl Scan offers
- 28/08/2009 - Pearl Scan OCR is changing the face of hard copy documents
- 19/08/2009 - Money down the drain still rife amid recession
- 24/07/2009 - Electronic Document Management Systems save space, time and money
- 20/07/2009 - Electronic Training courses - changing the way our society learns
- 09/07/2009 - Archiving the deceased
- 12/12/2008 - Document Scanning and Microsoft Sharepoint Improving Businesses
- 06/11/2008 - Electronic purchase invoices save time and money
- 04/11/2008 - Legal e-Bible still helping Solicitors
- 22/10/2008 - The 'Credit Crunch' gets Archived by Scanning Company