On your wavelength
17 March 2017
Endress+Hauser has completed its portfolio of radar instruments with the Micropilot FMR6x series.The new Micropilots are the first devices with 80 GHz technology that have been developed according to functional safety directive IEC 61508. Furthermore, they belong to the first generation of level instruments that supports Heartbeat Technology for reliable and flexible diagnostics and verification of the measurement.
The main priorities in designing the FMR6x range were accuracy, safety and simplified lifecycle processes for customers. The safety-by-design concept and Ex approvals ease the safety burden for users. The devices offer reliable and stable measurements in an effective range of up to 125m at an accuracy of ±1mm. Mountings and obstacles at the walls of the tanks do not influence the measurement; neither does build-up or condensation thanks to the innovative antenna design. With the help of interactive software, installation and commissioning is quick and easy.
With the addition of the new range, Endress+Hauser now has a radar device for every application. “Everybody talks about the highest radar frequencies at the moment but what really matters is finding the right frequency for each individual application, which is not automatically the highest one,” explains Endress+Hauser UK’s level product specialist Chris Brennan. “We have to have a deep understanding of our customers’ needs to offer the right frequency or alternatives outside of radar instrumentation. For us it is about being on the same wavelength as our customers.”
Until now, Endress+Hauser’s Heartbeat Technology, which gives instruments their own verification ability, has been integrated exclusively in flowmeters. Now this unique concept has been extended to the level portfolio. Devices with the technology can be verified and documented without the need to remove them from the process and without any downtime. Operators don’t need to have expert device knowledge to carry out the verification: they just follow the simple, predefined procedure. The test results are then documented clearly. A guided SIL proof test is also available, including all documentation, to ensure safety-critical SIL instruments are working correctly. A test protocol is automatically generated to help with compliance. Heartbeat Technology’s monitoring ability also provides device and process data to enable predictive maintenance. The combination of device and process parameters provides crucial information to optimise processes.
The Endress+Hauser Group
Endress+Hauser is a global leader in measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial process engineering. The Group employs 13,000 personnel across the globe, generating net sales of more than 2.1 billion euros in 2016.
With dedicated sales centers and a strong network of partners, Endress+Hauser guarantees competent worldwide support. Our production centers in 11 countries meet customers’ needs and requirements quickly and effectively. The Group is managed and coordinated by a holding company in Reinach, Switzerland. As a successful family-owned business, Endress+Hauser is set for continued independence and self-reliance.
Endress+Hauser provides sensors, instruments, systems and services for level, flow, pressure and temperature measurement as well as analytics and data acquisition. The company supports customers with automation engineering, logistics and IT services and solutions. Our products set standards in quality and technology.
We work closely with the chemical, petrochemical, food & beverage, oil & gas, water & wastewater, power & energy, life science, primaries & metal, renewable energies, pulp & paper and shipbuilding industries. Endress+Hauser supports its customers in optimizing their processes in terms of reliability, safety, economic efficiency and environmental impact.
Founded in 1953 by Georg H Endress and Ludwig Hauser, Endress+Hauser has been solely owned by the Endress family since 1975. The Group has developed from a specialist in level measurement to a provider of complete solutions for industrial measuring technology and automation, with constant expansion into new territories and markets.
For further information, please visit www.press.endress.com or www.uk.endress.com
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 19/10/2017 - Unexpected price + performance
- 26/07/2017 - Endress+Hauser Ltd – we’re Fit 4 Nuclear!
- 07/12/2016 - All the benefits of radar level measurement from only £296!
- 01/04/2016 - Third-generation Endress to lead family business
- 15/03/2016 - First 79 GHz High-Accuracy Radar Instrument for Level Measurement in Liquids
- 23/02/2016 - Fast track, quality instruments
- 28/09/2015 - Expert calibration for just £149
- 28/09/2015 - Low-cost, low-maintenance level switch
- 16/07/2015 - Two-wire flowmeters
- 16/07/2015 - Simply reliable level measurement
- 16/07/2015 - Endress+Hauser presents solutions for oil & gas
- 30/04/2015 - Robust flowmeter is perfect for oil & gas
- 27/11/2014 - Safe, simple and sterile
- 12/11/2014 - Latest technology solves temperature problem
- 11/11/2014 - Fast device ordering from Endress+Hauser
- 30/10/2014 - Compact, safe and easy point level detection
- 28/05/2014 - Cost-effective conductivity measurement
- 10/02/2014 - Record sales and profit for Endress+Hauser
- 17/09/2013 - Train online with Endress+Hauser - the process engineering experts
- 03/07/2013 - Endress+Hauser presents solutions for the oil and gas industry
- 27/07/2012 - Endress+Hauser strengthens calibration business
- 14/06/2012 - Endress+Hauser at UK AD & Biogas Exhibition 2012
- 17/05/2012 - Endress+Hauser increases commitment to ODVA
- 14/05/2012 - Liquiline from Endress+Hauser offers one platform for all solutions
- 12/04/2012 - A stainless performance for high level and low level alarms
- 30/03/2012 - Endress+Hauser at NEMEX 2012, 22 – 24 May, NEC Birmingham
- 29/03/2012 - Prosonic Flow B 200 from Endress+Hauser enables Biogas flow measurement without compromise
- 19/03/2012 - Promass 83O Coriolis flowmeter designed for oil & gas applications
- 03/08/2011 - Promag – the industry all-rounder
- 27/07/2011 - Solutions for interface level measurement
- 08/04/2011 - Endress+Hauser makes energy metering easy
- 04/03/2011 - Endress+Hauser Levelflex provides guided radar level measurement without the hefty price tag
- 31/01/2011 - Endress+Hauser launch new catalogue
- 02/12/2010 - Promass E 200 from Endress+Hauser is the first Coriolis flowmeter with full 2-wire technology (4…20mA)
- 04/11/2010 - EN 16001 Energy Management System certification achieved by Endress+Hauser
- 11/10/2010 - Multi-Echo tracking provides safe, precise and efficient level measurement
- 04/08/2010 - Endress+Hauser Ltd achieves ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation
- 01/07/2010 - T-mass Thermal Mass Flowmeters measure, monitor and save!
- 30/06/2010 - Endress+Hauser at Instrumentation Scotland & Offshore Systems 2010, Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre, 8-9 September 2010
- 21/06/2010 - Endress+Hauser at the Energy Event 2010, 8th-9th September, Birmingham
- 24/05/2010 - Endress+Hauser weathering the crisis
- 13/05/2010 - New temperature products and accessories guide from Endress+Hauser
- 15/04/2010 - Endress+Hauser honours inventors – 200 patents filed in 2009
- 03/02/2010 - Endress+Hauser at Maintec 2010, NEC Birmingham, 2nd - 4th March
- 02/02/2010 - New Endress+Hauser Deltabar M pressure transmitters mean cost-effectiveness without compromise
- 19/01/2010 - Endress+Hauser offer temperature solutions for every application
- 15/01/2010 - Measure your success with Promass Coriolis mass flowmeters from Endress+Hauser
- 22/12/2009 - Reduce wastage and compress costs withthe Endress+Hauser ATT12A t-trend meter
- 17/12/2009 - Endress+Hauser Micropilot M FMR244 keeps costs firmly on the radar
- 30/11/2009 - Bespoke temperature engineering from experts Endress+Hauser
- 19/11/2009 - Endress+Hauser Liquiphant is the original and still the best!
- 04/11/2009 - Micropilot M FMR244 radar overfill protection avoids settling for second best
- 29/10/2009 - Reliable overfill protection and extreme process safety with Endress+Hauser Micropilot M FMR240
- 20/10/2009 - Endress+Hauser Dosimass & Dosimag flowmeters repeatable solutions for OEM applications
- 07/10/2009 - New third generation temperature transmitters and heads from Endress+Hauser
- 07/10/2009 - New Endress+Hauser Prosonic Flow 93P simply fits everywhere
- 02/10/2009 - Memosens analytical sensors: be part of the digital revolution
- 21/08/2009 - Level monitoring and extreme process safety with Endress+Hauser Micropilot