Multi-Echo tracking provides safe, precise and efficient level measurement
11 October 2010
The new Levelflex FMP5x from Endress+Hauser uses multi-echo tracking to provide safe, precise and efficient level measurement as standard.With the introduction of groundbreaking technology, Endress+Hausers' new Levelflex FMP5x range sets a new standard in guided radar instrumentation. Common level measurement problems are now a thing of the past due to a clever multiple-echo solution.
Traditional guided radar level analysis can often produce unstable measurement values if obstacles within a vessel produce false echoes that can result in pronounced measurement instability. Endress+Hauser has overcome this problem. The new Levelflex FMP5x range guides high-frequency radar pulses along the probe, which, when combined with the revolutionary PluseMaster exact monitoring software within the instrument, eliminates false echoes and ensures that signal integrity is maintained even in turbulence, foams or from tank obstructions. As a result, level measurements are stable and reliable and your plant safety is ensured.
Whilst conventional guided radar instruments are prone to measurement deviations in high pressure, steam or gas phase applications, the FMP5x range features active gas phase compensation to maintain accuracy and control. Level measurements remain precise and independent of material characteristics such as density or bulk weight, conductivity, dielectric constant, and process variables such as temperature, pressure, condensation and dust.
Simplicity of commissioning and operation are key benefits of the FMP5x range. Menu-guided setup reduces installation time and effort, which can be completed in six simple steps. A role specific menu structure allows for different operating levels - from basic operation to maintenance (commissioning/troubleshooting) to expert (specific task/problem solving). Maintenance is reduced as the sensors have no moving parts and the device's configuration settings are stored in the innovative HistoROM® data memory module. This allows for easy system restoration and multi-point commissioning without the need for specialised technical knowledge.
The Levelflex FMP5x range of sensors are available in plastic, aluminium or stainless steel housings, with 4 - 20mA HART, PROFIBUS PA or FOUNDATION Fieldbus protocols for system integration and have been designed in accordance with IEC 61508/IEC 61511-1.
With over 15 years’ experience in radar-based time of flight measuring technology and an installed base of over 1 million Levelflex measuring points, Endress+Hauser’s new Levelflex FMP50 range sets a new standard in level measurement instrumentation. Never before has such a high standard of safety, precision and efficiency been available in one level instrument.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 19/10/2017 - Unexpected price + performance
- 26/07/2017 - Endress+Hauser Ltd – we’re Fit 4 Nuclear!
- 17/03/2017 - On your wavelength
- 07/12/2016 - All the benefits of radar level measurement from only £296!
- 01/04/2016 - Third-generation Endress to lead family business
- 15/03/2016 - First 79 GHz High-Accuracy Radar Instrument for Level Measurement in Liquids
- 23/02/2016 - Fast track, quality instruments
- 28/09/2015 - Expert calibration for just £149
- 28/09/2015 - Low-cost, low-maintenance level switch
- 16/07/2015 - Two-wire flowmeters
- 16/07/2015 - Simply reliable level measurement
- 16/07/2015 - Endress+Hauser presents solutions for oil & gas
- 30/04/2015 - Robust flowmeter is perfect for oil & gas
- 27/11/2014 - Safe, simple and sterile
- 12/11/2014 - Latest technology solves temperature problem
- 11/11/2014 - Fast device ordering from Endress+Hauser
- 30/10/2014 - Compact, safe and easy point level detection
- 28/05/2014 - Cost-effective conductivity measurement
- 10/02/2014 - Record sales and profit for Endress+Hauser
- 17/09/2013 - Train online with Endress+Hauser - the process engineering experts
- 03/07/2013 - Endress+Hauser presents solutions for the oil and gas industry
- 27/07/2012 - Endress+Hauser strengthens calibration business
- 14/06/2012 - Endress+Hauser at UK AD & Biogas Exhibition 2012
- 17/05/2012 - Endress+Hauser increases commitment to ODVA
- 14/05/2012 - Liquiline from Endress+Hauser offers one platform for all solutions
- 12/04/2012 - A stainless performance for high level and low level alarms
- 30/03/2012 - Endress+Hauser at NEMEX 2012, 22 – 24 May, NEC Birmingham
- 29/03/2012 - Prosonic Flow B 200 from Endress+Hauser enables Biogas flow measurement without compromise
- 19/03/2012 - Promass 83O Coriolis flowmeter designed for oil & gas applications
- 03/08/2011 - Promag – the industry all-rounder
- 27/07/2011 - Solutions for interface level measurement
- 08/04/2011 - Endress+Hauser makes energy metering easy
- 04/03/2011 - Endress+Hauser Levelflex provides guided radar level measurement without the hefty price tag
- 31/01/2011 - Endress+Hauser launch new catalogue
- 02/12/2010 - Promass E 200 from Endress+Hauser is the first Coriolis flowmeter with full 2-wire technology (4…20mA)
- 04/11/2010 - EN 16001 Energy Management System certification achieved by Endress+Hauser
- 04/08/2010 - Endress+Hauser Ltd achieves ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation
- 01/07/2010 - T-mass Thermal Mass Flowmeters measure, monitor and save!
- 30/06/2010 - Endress+Hauser at Instrumentation Scotland & Offshore Systems 2010, Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre, 8-9 September 2010
- 21/06/2010 - Endress+Hauser at the Energy Event 2010, 8th-9th September, Birmingham
- 24/05/2010 - Endress+Hauser weathering the crisis
- 13/05/2010 - New temperature products and accessories guide from Endress+Hauser
- 15/04/2010 - Endress+Hauser honours inventors – 200 patents filed in 2009
- 03/02/2010 - Endress+Hauser at Maintec 2010, NEC Birmingham, 2nd - 4th March
- 02/02/2010 - New Endress+Hauser Deltabar M pressure transmitters mean cost-effectiveness without compromise
- 19/01/2010 - Endress+Hauser offer temperature solutions for every application
- 15/01/2010 - Measure your success with Promass Coriolis mass flowmeters from Endress+Hauser
- 22/12/2009 - Reduce wastage and compress costs withthe Endress+Hauser ATT12A t-trend meter
- 17/12/2009 - Endress+Hauser Micropilot M FMR244 keeps costs firmly on the radar
- 30/11/2009 - Bespoke temperature engineering from experts Endress+Hauser
- 19/11/2009 - Endress+Hauser Liquiphant is the original and still the best!
- 04/11/2009 - Micropilot M FMR244 radar overfill protection avoids settling for second best
- 29/10/2009 - Reliable overfill protection and extreme process safety with Endress+Hauser Micropilot M FMR240
- 20/10/2009 - Endress+Hauser Dosimass & Dosimag flowmeters repeatable solutions for OEM applications
- 07/10/2009 - New third generation temperature transmitters and heads from Endress+Hauser
- 07/10/2009 - New Endress+Hauser Prosonic Flow 93P simply fits everywhere
- 02/10/2009 - Memosens analytical sensors: be part of the digital revolution
- 21/08/2009 - Level monitoring and extreme process safety with Endress+Hauser Micropilot