New EPLAN Electric P8 2.0
23 July 2010
EPLAN unveiled the new EPLAN Electric P8 2.0 electrical controls design software, in beta version at the Hanover Fair.Whether point wiring, active device protection or channel oriented PLC design, the software offers practical potential for more project reliability, functionality and speed. The quality of all documentation is guaranteed by active check functions and the system automatically prevents incorrect data from being entered.
With the new "protected device" function, all project parts are retained, even in the case of graphic delete commands. Active protection of project data is freely defined in the parts definitions in the EPLAN platform. The new Machinery Directive requirement for reliable, understandable project documentation is implemented in a practical way.
Addresses are central identifiers, even in PLC design, which is found in all automation concepts today. In addition to address-oriented or DT working methods, PLC components can also be designed in a channel-oriented manner, making it easier to keep track of large projects and is consistent with current high-end design working methods.
Using the additional 'Netbased Wiring' model, an exciting approach to wiring allows the definition of detailed connections within a network at database level, irrespective of the graphical representation. In the schematic, logical point wiring instead of target wiring will be shown with the advantage that both working methods, netbased wiring and target-oriented wiring, can be used in the project to suit the best working method for highest possible efficiency.
Extended CAD functions in the area of free graphics now guarantee clear production specifications. Trimming and chamfering as well as perpendicular and tangential design are only some of the functions that support detailed representations for mechanical production. To place graphical objects, XY coordinates can now be directly entered in EPLAN Electric P8 for the quick creation of operator's desktops with all the information needed for trouble-free production. This saves engineering time and also speeds up enclosure construction.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/06/2012 - EPLAN increases technical support
- 02/04/2012 - EPLAN to attend Drives and Controls 2012
- 19/03/2012 - EPLAN Service Pack 2.1 is now released
- 15/11/2011 - EPLAN Platform 2.1 is released
- 19/04/2011 - EPLAN Interface to Autodesk Vault PDM System
- 14/03/2011 - New Features in EPLAN Electric P8 2.0 SP1
- 10/11/2010 - Channel Oriented PLC design with EPLAN Electric P8 New Version
- 26/08/2010 - EPLAN Electric P8 New Version
- 25/05/2010 - Integrated Enclosure Manufacturing with EPLAN Electric P8
- 13/05/2010 - New EPLAN Data Portal Online
- 16/03/2010 - Data Portal has tremendous effect on engineering
- 05/03/2010 - EPLAN launch PLC & Bus Extension module
- 31/12/2009 - Project speeds boosted by Data Portal from E-Plan
- 07/05/2009 - EPLAN Software & Service help Elopak fill a design need
- 06/05/2009 - Complimentary workshops for design, build and enclosure of Control Cabinets