EPLAN Electric P8 New Version
26 August 2010
EPLAN’s new version of Electric P8 2.0 software offers practical potential whether for enhanced project reliability..... functionality and speed point wiring and active device protection or for channel oriented PLC design. The quality of all documentation is guaranteed by active check functions and the system automatically prevents incorrect data from being entered.
With the new "protected device" function, all project parts are retained, even in the case of graphic delete commands. Active protection of project data is freely defined in the parts definitions in the EPLAN platform.
Addresses are central identifiers, even in PLC design, which is found in all automation concepts today. Now, in addition to address-oriented or DT working methods, PLC components can also be designed in a channel-oriented manner. This makes it easier to keep track of large projects and is consistent with current high-end design working methods.
Another highlight is the additional 'Netbased Wiring' model, an exciting approach to wiring. The advantage of this is that both working methods, netbased wiring and target-oriented wiring, can be used in the project.
Extended CAD functions in the area of free graphics now guarantee clear production specifications. Trimming and chamfering as well as perpendicular and tangential design are only some of the functions that support detailed representations for mechanical production.
The new full text filter in parts management lets users use search terms to quickly filter parts masters and select the right component in the tree/list/combination view. Designing is also accelerated at the device level; the full text filter is integrated in the parts master data navigator. This simplifies handling, which is given an enormous boost in the new EPLAN Electric P8. Mini toolbars and detailed icons for toolbars now ensure intuitive handling to the benefit of both professional and occasional users.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/06/2012 - EPLAN increases technical support
- 02/04/2012 - EPLAN to attend Drives and Controls 2012
- 19/03/2012 - EPLAN Service Pack 2.1 is now released
- 15/11/2011 - EPLAN Platform 2.1 is released
- 19/04/2011 - EPLAN Interface to Autodesk Vault PDM System
- 14/03/2011 - New Features in EPLAN Electric P8 2.0 SP1
- 10/11/2010 - Channel Oriented PLC design with EPLAN Electric P8 New Version
- 23/07/2010 - New EPLAN Electric P8 2.0
- 25/05/2010 - Integrated Enclosure Manufacturing with EPLAN Electric P8
- 13/05/2010 - New EPLAN Data Portal Online
- 16/03/2010 - Data Portal has tremendous effect on engineering
- 05/03/2010 - EPLAN launch PLC & Bus Extension module
- 31/12/2009 - Project speeds boosted by Data Portal from E-Plan
- 07/05/2009 - EPLAN Software & Service help Elopak fill a design need
- 06/05/2009 - Complimentary workshops for design, build and enclosure of Control Cabinets