The Secret to Donation Success for UK Charities
24 July 2012
The results of a recent survey has shown that whilst many charities would favour the guaranteed income that comes from a regular direct debit donation, the British public would still favour making donations via the good old collection tin.The survey, conducted by Ipsos Mori asked over 1,000 adults in England and Wales which ways they would donate to charity and each person was allowed to choose more than 1 answer.
The results show that around 80 percent of those questioned would donate to charity by putting some money into a collection tin as opposed to around just 4 in 10 who like to donate by direct debit on a regular basis. The research, which has been conducted for Lord Hodgson’s review of the Charities Act 2006, also asked members of the public how they had donated to charity historically with 86 percent saying they had made donations via tin collections, 75 per cent through sponsorships and 58 per cent through a direct debit.
Of the 1,004 people questioned, 119 said they had a low level of trust in charities and when probed as to why they felt this way, 37 per cent said they felt charities spent too much on salaries and administration with 21 per cent saying they felt charities wasted money. Richard Talbot-Jones, Associate Director of the UK Charity Insurance Broker had this to say about the Ipsos Mori survey, “With funding constraints currently being placed on charities and other not-for-profit organisations it is more important than ever which charities should look at getting a regular income from giving by direct debit.
This obviously helps charities budget better for known future expenses. Likewise, charities benefit from knowing what their outgoings are likely to be so the ability to pay their suppliers by direct debit can be invaluable. NCi Charity has direct debit facilities with many insurers, and also internally, some of these facilities can also be done for surcharge which is a great help for both struggling charities and those trying to streamline their finances."
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/04/2017 - Cyber Risk Calculator Launched to Help Businesses Calculate Data & Cyber Risks
- 10/01/2017 - Supply Chain Risk Management
- 05/01/2017 - 2017 Forecast for Motor Traders
- 21/12/2016 - Top tops for staying safe in the storms this Winter
- 16/12/2016 - Top Tips for Starting a New Business
- 09/08/2012 - Commercial Kitchens Fire Safety Advice
- 09/08/2012 - Directors and Officers Insurance - 10 Reasons Why You May Need It
- 24/07/2012 - What takes 45 seconds and can cost up to 2500 pounds?
- 24/07/2012 - Why Are More Injury Claims Made When They Are Less Accidents?
- 19/07/2012 - Why Rain Equals Pain for UK Home Owners
- 19/07/2012 - How to Help Stop Your New Business Failing
- 19/07/2012 - Flooding and How You Can Reduce Damage
- 09/11/2011 - Budding Nursery Owners Reveal Their Worst Nightmares
- 09/11/2011 - Commercial Insurance Specialist Joins Northern Counties
- 09/11/2011 - Insurance Claims Specialist Appointed to Head Leading Brokers Claim Division
- 09/11/2011 - Staff the Key to Success for Region’s Business Insurance Broker
- 13/10/2010 - UK Businesses Offered Risk Free Way to Increase Profits
- 13/10/2010 - North East set to become UK Charity Insurance Capital
- 13/10/2010 - Staff Key to Success for North East's Leading Insurance Broker
- 15/12/2009 - Nursery Insurance and the questions to ask when buying
- 09/12/2009 - Nursery Insurance – how to get the very best deal
- 30/10/2009 - Top tips for buying community group insurance
- 27/10/2009 - Trustee Indemnity Insurance - how to protect charities trustees
- 27/10/2009 - Secrets finally revealed to cheaper motor trade insurance
- 26/10/2009 - Why you need trustee Indemnity Insurance
- 26/10/2009 - Essential tips for buying small charity insurance
- 23/10/2009 - The changing face of charitable gifts
- 22/10/2009 - Amazing facts that affect our children everyday
- 22/10/2009 - Risk Management advice for UK charities
- 20/10/2009 - What makes something the best in the world?
- 19/10/2009 - Why smarter charity promotion is needed
- 19/10/2009 - Online help for small charities hits the UK
- 15/10/2009 - Nursery insurance and why expert advice is essential
- 15/10/2009 - Is the gift of giving falling as christmas approaches?
- 14/10/2009 - Identifying risks in the charity world
- 14/10/2009 - How much should nurseries be paying for insurance?
- 14/10/2009 - Essential tips for running a small charity on a budget
- 13/10/2009 - Church insurance and why religion is becoming a risky business
- 13/10/2009 - Community group insurance experts explain the secrets to success
- 06/10/2009 - Charity insurance - the secrets to getting yours for less
- 06/10/2009 - Charity insuranceb brokers NCI explain why charities must embrace technology
- 06/10/2009 - Charities and their fight for survival
- 06/10/2009 - Charity insurance experts explain why charities are becoming twits
- 02/10/2009 - Charity Insurance – the questions to ask when looking for cover