Wall to Wall Marathon coverage
11 October 2012
Wall to Wall Communications is to supply and install a bespoke digital two way radio system for the Coventry Half Marathon.Wall to Wall Radio Communications is proud to be involved with the 2012 Decathlon Coventry Half Marathon and Coventry Telegraph Fun Run taking place in Coventry next Sunday, 14th October.
Gaining popularity in the industry in supplying bespoke radio comms systems for both charity runs and marathon events (see Olympic Torch Bearing Run and Sussex Triathlon Bike Ride) Wall to Wall Radio Communications was approached, by referral, to design a digital radio system capable of working in all areas of the run to offer seamless communications.
The complexity of the system has shown our expertise in building the communications around the clients – a wish list to include secure connection between all stewards, medical teams, management and organisers.
Previous years have been stressful for the client using analogue equipment supplied “off the shelf” by another supplier. This year the radio system that our engineers have designed to deliver is digital and top of the class with multiple channels programmed into groups. The radio system comprises of Hytera PD705 and Hytera PD785 digital display hand portables and digital repeaters (Hytera RD985) along with infrastructure antennas.
Many event organisers have chosen, within the last couple of years, to migrate from analogue to digital walkie-talkies when managing the footfall, utilising all benefits that digital radio equipment offers with clearer and distinctive audio quality, extended coverage and the best feature for loud background environment – the noise cancelling facilities of the equipment.
This year, the marathon will incorporate, for the first time, a new “4-leg” relay challenge (total length of 13.1 miles / 21 km), which will give participants the choice to run only the part that suits them. The average length of each section is 3.2 miles but the last one, called “the glory leg” is expected to be the most popular, as runners will be heavily cheered by the crowd.
With the Olympics just behind us, many people are now more enthused to join in and run for charity, keeping fit into the bargain. Not to miss an opportunity, Becky Jeffries - our very own Senior Account Manager and her friend Jackie Lamont have chosen to participate, in preparation for the Brighton Marathon in April next year.
We are proud of you, Becky! Good luck!
More than 2000 runners are expected to gather on the streets of Coventry. So, hurry-up! There are still spaces available (event starts at 9:00 in the morning but deadline to sign-up is midnight on Wednesday, 10th October). Take part in the main marathon or one of the events alongside it! - The Family Fun Run, The Charity Run or The Team Relay.
Our Hytera radios will be linking all running sections of the marathon route providing quality and reliable means of communication between all staff (including special programming for medical emergencies).
Our experience from having supplied for multiple events of similar type, confirms the industry trend that digital two-way radio communications equipment is the way forward in event planning and crowd management.
With extended signal coverage and clarity of voice in noisy environments, why choose anything other than Hytera Digital Radio Equipment and Wall to Wall Radio Communications.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/02/2014 - To Diet or Not To Diet
- 10/12/2013 - MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
- 10/12/2013 - Welcome to Sales Grotto
- 21/11/2013 - Doctor Who 50th Celebrations at Excel London
- 21/11/2013 - Movember - Not Just For Boys!!!
- 11/11/2013 - Who Braved Tulleys Farm Shoktoberfest - 2013
- 29/10/2013 - Wall to Wall Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan
- 20/08/2013 - Retail success for Ultra Floor
- 20/08/2013 - Kenwood House – Live by the Lake
- 30/07/2013 - Wall to Wall on Safer Sutton Committee
- 25/07/2013 - Artist brings Hytera DMR Radios to Arctic
- 24/07/2013 - Wall to Wall bucks employment trend
- 08/07/2013 - Cowdray Park Polo Club
- 12/06/2013 - Haunch of Venison Gallery combines with Christie's
- 12/06/2013 - Stunning modern style Icon Hotel on Oxford Street
- 30/05/2013 - A new, compact and rugged radio system successfully deployed for Byrne Bros by WTW Bespoke Systems Team!
- 20/05/2013 - Wall to Wall install state of the art digital radio at Christies
- 12/11/2012 - Wall to Wall covert radio for Selfridges
- 02/11/2012 - Wall to Wall help House of Fraser host Oxford Street Christmas Lights switch on
- 02/11/2012 - Walkie Talkies are Wall to Wall at Harrods Christmas Grotto
- 31/10/2012 - Light Up a Life Appeal - give back to the community
- 29/10/2012 - Famous names and Wall to Wall help launch 2012 Poppy Appeal
- 29/10/2012 - Team Wall to Wall's two-way return to Tulley's
- 11/10/2012 - Severed arms, blood and axes on family farm near Crawley
- 20/09/2012 - Wall to Wall cases to protect two way radios
- 20/09/2012 - Icom Mobile Repeater (TRP Series) from Wall to Wall
- 19/09/2012 - Two way radios enable wall to wall coverage for Neighbourhood Watch schemes
- 19/09/2012 - Two way radios provide Wall to Wall Communicatons at Notting Hill Carnival
- 06/09/2012 - Hytera's brilliant ATEX Radio and Mobile Repeater
- 06/09/2012 - Wall to Wall and the Big Summer Rush
- 05/09/2012 - Team Simoco Announces new Xd Digital Mobile Radio range
- 09/07/2012 - Wall to Wall launch two new series of Motorola Mototrbo Digital Portables
- 02/07/2012 - Wall to Wall at the FCS Business Radio Conference 2012
- 02/07/2012 - Ofcom authorises use of GNSS (indoor GPS) Repeaters
- 02/07/2012 - Lovebox Festival uses Wall to Wall Communications
- 29/06/2012 - DMR Tier 3 (Digital Trunk) standard materialises at Wall to Wall
- 27/06/2012 - Wall to Wall Trackitt - DMR Despatcher Software launched
- 20/06/2012 - WTW explain pros & cons of different two-way radio systems
- 20/06/2012 - The Goldsmith Center is a newly built dedicated structure in Clerkenwell.
- 20/06/2012 - Hotel Security Industry gets a late Christmas present from Motorola
- 20/06/2012 - HYTERA X1p Revealed - the slimmest full colour display / keypad digital covert radio on the market
- 14/06/2012 - Two Way Radio use for Lone Worker Health & Safety (Part 2) - temporary locations
- 13/06/2012 - Two Way Radio use for Lone Worker Health & Safety (Part 1)
- 12/06/2012 - Wall to Wall explain how to extend walkie talkie battery life
- 08/06/2012 - Create your Two Way Radio system planning wish list
- 06/06/2012 - Wall to Wall explain how to reduce interference on your two way radio system
- 28/05/2012 - Worlds slimest and smallest handportable radio from Wall to Wall
- 28/05/2012 - Wall to Wall explain how to reduce your two way radio license fee
- 25/05/2012 - Wall to Wall explain the benefits of digital over analogue radio equipment
- 24/05/2012 - Wall to Wall explain the advantages of Two Way Radio over Mobile Phones
- 08/02/2012 - The world's first colour display covert digital radio - Motorola MotoTRBO SL4000/4010 Series
- 29/09/2011 - Wall to Wall, Liz Hurley, James Corden and Louie Spence all at one place – Selfridges London
- 13/09/2011 - Wall to Wall are suppliers of choice for Lib Dem Conference
- 02/09/2011 - Wall to Wall supplies discrete comms for Queens visit
- 02/09/2011 - Wall to Wall supply Comms for award winning air show
- 01/09/2011 - Walkie Talkies provide fight-back for pub and town watch schemes
- 04/07/2011 - Wall to Wall forge partnership with St Raphaels' Hospice
- 21/01/2011 - Wall to Wall Commuinications celebrate clients' FA Cup success
- 23/12/2010 - Wall to Wall radio system for Crossrail Works
- 15/12/2010 - Wall to Wall support for CRASH appeal
- 15/11/2010 - Wall to Wall save socket space for PMR users everywhere
- 11/11/2010 - Wall to Wall not spooked by the Shocktober Fest Scream Park
- 27/04/2010 - Wall to Wall gain SAFEcontractor accreditation
- 26/03/2010 - Wall to Wall publish end of year financial report April 09 - March 10
- 19/03/2010 - Wall to Wall embraces social networking
- 04/02/2010 - Event organisers told to manage traffic control themselves
- 05/01/2010 - Kenwood TK3260 EX
- 21/12/2009 - Wall to Wall provide seamless Commercial Radio in Cuilfail Tunnel
- 16/12/2009 - Two way radios essential for camping, hiking, skiing or climbing holidays
- 10/12/2009 - Wall to Wall advice on hygienic use of radio headsets
- 02/12/2009 - Wall to Wall partners with Fylde
- 27/11/2009 - Wall to Wall advice on Radio Communications system
- 18/11/2009 - Two Way Radio Communications to cut site mobile costs