Optex to exhibit award winning technology at Intersec 2010
07 January 2010
The Redwall range will be fatured along with Redscan, the innovative laser scan detector that won the Intruder Alarm Product of the Year at IFSEC 2009 and Innovation Product of the Year in the UK¹s Security Excellence Awards.Redwall has been the market leader in outdoor PIR sensors for use in CCTV systems for over 10 years. Their rugged design and unrivalled detection capability have made them the sensor of choice for security installers around the globe and due to their high levels of reliability, the Redwall range is recommended by all the leading UK monitoring stations.
The detectors utilise Optex patented technology that makes them more resistant to environmental effects which can cause false or missed alarm activations. The sensors coverage patterns are designed to perfectly match commonly used camera/lens combinations as instructed by the new BS8418 standard. They can detect a moving objects size, speed and distance, and process that information with an unique algorithm, resulting in a high-reliability detection of intruders with minimal false alarms.
The new Redscan, when mounted vertically, creates a 60-metre detection area that functions like an invisible wall. If sited horizontally, it creates a detection area of 30-metres and an arc of 180 degrees. With four outputs for remote video applications and four truly programmable detection areas linked with these outputs, Redscan is ideal for controlling pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 08/10/2010 - OPTEX DETECTORS KEEP PATIENTS SAFE AT SOUTH EAST PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
- 05/05/2010 - OPTEX EUROPE¹S REDSCAN DETECTOR NOMINATED FOR PSI PREMIER AWARD
- 18/12/2009 - Optex Detectors save building contractor money during tough times
- 01/12/2009 - Optex Redscan wins industry Security Innovation of the Year award
- 18/09/2009 - Optex detectors right on for leading metals and plastics supplier
- 25/08/2009 - Optex detectors keep watch over Brunels' SS Great Britain
- 24/08/2009 - Optex detectors keep an Eyewatch over security firm
- 24/08/2009 - Optex detectors put steel back into car dealership security
- 18/08/2009 - Optex Redscan nominated for Innovation Product of the Year
- 11/08/2009 - Optex introduces Redwall Partner Programme
- 05/08/2009 - Optex extends BoundaryGard range with GSM capability
- 05/08/2009 - The long and short of external detection
- 23/06/2009 - BoundaryGard detectors slash costs for van rental company
- 10/12/2008 - Optex Redwave Detectors put Marshalls Dealerships in the Driving Seat
- 09/12/2008 - The Redesigned Redwell External Detection Device Excels in Performance
- 02/01/2008 - CAMS® STEERS SPECIALIST CARS IN DIRECTION OF PERIMETER PROTECTION
- 18/12/2007 - Perrys drives new security strategy
- 18/12/2007 - New levels of detection from Optex