How to use school signs as teaching aids
25 November 2010
Not all learning happens in the classroom! Much of children's social skills and relationship building occurs on the playground either through organised formal sports and activities or through natural play.Use your school signs to help this natural development.
Playground Rules School Signs
Use playground and school signs to brighten up the surroundings but also to teach children the importance of good citizenship and fair play. Playground rules signs give gentle encouragement and help children develop respect for each other.
More specific school signs can be used for individual activities, sandpit rules and football rules signs give detailed instructions of "do's and don'ts" which can help reduce conflicts that arise through play.
Friendship stops can help to build self esteem, suggesting that it's OK not to have someone to play with and by going to one of these stops a playground monitor, teacher or fellow pupil will help the child join in with other games or activities. They help to promote new friendships. A "time out stop" gives children the opportunity to calm down after disagreements or quarrels and have some "time out" for quiet reflection before rejoining their friends.
School Signs as Teaching Aids
Of course playground signs can be simple information or teaching aids. Vegetable Garden or Flower Garden signs can formalise green gardening projects, giving some ownership to the plots rather than simply being part of the landscaping of the grounds.
For more information about our ranges for schools see our new Signs for Schools catalogue or see our standard school signs range on line. More information on getting the most from your school signs can be found on our School signs and school identity article.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 08/11/2016 - How to get your car park signage right first time
- 19/10/2016 - Stocksigns Welcomes New Group Managing Director
- 25/04/2014 - BS EN ISO7010 – Official Advice from the HSSA
- 20/02/2014 - Stocksigns embraces creative station design.
- 07/11/2013 - Burnham Signs Continues to Shine
- 03/12/2012 - Stocksigns Announces New Sales & Marketing Director
- 03/10/2011 - Stocksigns acquires LED Sign Manufacturer
- 20/04/2011 - Being Green is Good for Charity as well as the Environment
- 26/01/2011 - Stocksigns and Links Signs Create ‘One Stop’ Sign Shop for Rail
- 09/11/2010 - Latest Schools signs catalogue launched by Stocksigns
- 12/09/2010 - Gatwick Airport features large format digital print displays from Stocksigns
- 20/07/2010 - A Simple Solution to Fire Safety in Remote Areas – Stocksigns New Air Horn Fire Safety Sign
- 28/04/2010 - A return to the European Catalogue Awards for Stocksigns
- 22/04/2010 - Stocksigns on the Right Track!
- 06/04/2010 - Stocksigns - a new partnership - one year on
- 12/03/2010 - DDA Signage Solutions for Surface Rail.
- 20/07/2009 - Stocksigns highlight safety at Westfield Shopping Centre
- 15/07/2009 - Stocksigns help lorry drivers have a safer drive
- 07/07/2009 - Stocksigns bring complete signage solutions
- 15/05/2009 - Mayor opens refurbished Stocksigns premises
- 04/03/2009 - Stocksigns announced as new RoSPA safety partner
- 19/11/2008 - New Wood Lane Underground Station