DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
14 August 2015
2nd July 2015. DED, the UK's leading distributor of PoS, Card and Kiosk products, takes great pleasure in announcing today that a new Chairman, Tim Downes, has acquired 100% of the share capital of the company.
Mike Davis, founder and Chairman of DED, a family owned and run business for over 30 years commented today “we started looking for someone that would take DED to another level with new ideas, enthusiasm, in depth knowledge of growing a distribution business, plus someone who would keep all of our current staff. We finally, after a long time, found Tim Downes who met all of our requirements”.
Tim Downes brings with him a wealth of experience that will benefit plans of expanding DED's already proven track record in the Point of Sale, Plastic Card and OEM / Kiosk industries, has experience driving growth in similar sized businesses and is well recognised for his strategic approach to business growth and development.
When asked about the purchase of DED, Tim commented “The team at DED is clearly very experienced, knowledgeable and talented and I am really looking forward to developing the future strategy from such a sound base point”.
On his plans for the future at DED, Tim commented “DED's strength in its established sectors is clear, my plan is to consolidate those strengths and to identify and develop synergistic business in addition”.
Elliot Davis commented “I am very excited about the future for DED and am looking forward to working with Tim. Together we plan to grow the business with new products and solutions for our customers and build on what the team at DED has achieved to date.”
Mike Davis and Christine Davis have now retired. Alex Davis is planning to study for a degree in Ancient History at the University of Kent, but will remain with the company initially to ensure the Accounts and Logistics side of the business are handed over effectively during Tim's first few months at DED. Elliot Davis will continue in his current position at DED, ensuring a seamless transition of ownership and a successful future for the company.
The staff and location of DED remain the same, so it will be business as usual, with Elliot and Tim handling the day-to-day running of the company.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/12/2015 - A New Edge in Barcode Reading – DED Enter Partnership Agreement with Newland-ID
- 07/07/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 01/05/2015 - Going Wild!
- 12/02/2015 - Food For Thought - The Jamie Oliver Group Choose to Support Breast Cancer Research with the Datacard SD260 ID Card Printer
- 11/06/2014 - Mobile Point of Sale (MPOS)
- 24/05/2013 - Ergonomic Solutions and DED Limited Sign Distribution Agreement
- 12/04/2013 - Going for Gold!
- 10/04/2013 - Eye On The Ball
- 11/03/2013 - Just What the Doctor Ordered
- 22/01/2013 - DED at the Retail Business Technology Expo 2013
- 22/01/2013 - Supporting A Worthy Cause
- 09/01/2013 - A Perfect Score!
- 20/09/2012 - Lottery Winner!
- 16/05/2012 - The Ultimate Card Printer
- 12/03/2012 - DED Ltd Announces Distribution Agreement with Evolis
- 21/02/2012 - Touch n’ Go
- 09/11/2011 - That’s Entertainment!
- 10/08/2011 - Kiosk London EXPO 19th – 20th October 2011 DED Limited, Stand Number 6
- 27/07/2011 - Fast Learners!
- 18/05/2011 - Small but Perfectly Formed
- 04/05/2011 - Mobile Printing with Star Portable Printers from DED
- 19/04/2011 - Trip the Light Fantastic!
- 22/02/2011 - Compact and Easy to Integrate – the Axiohm KP Series of Kiosk Printers from DED Limited
- 18/10/2010 - CEX Specify Hardware from DED in all their Retail Outlets
- 14/12/2009 - DED launch Nippon kiosk printer
- 24/11/2009 - New Zebra ZXP Series 8 Re-transfer Card Printer from DED
- 09/11/2009 - Read all about it
- 16/10/2009 - Right on Queue
- 14/10/2009 - A colourful story from DED
- 18/09/2009 - Compact & fan free touch screen terminals from DED
- 24/08/2009 - DEDicated to Printing on thick paper
- 14/08/2009 - The Star Micronics TSP700II Printer from DED enables high speed visitor passes
- 27/07/2009 - DED launch environmentally friendly ID cards and accessories
- 13/07/2009 - Bureau printing from DED
- 01/07/2009 - Cyclone Industries select the Posiflex JIVA 5815 from DED
- 15/06/2009 - DED PAWRS for thought
- 26/05/2009 - Sens' n Print eco-friendly ticket solutions from DED
- 11/05/2009 - The Axiohm KMGA Kiosk Printer from DED
- 07/05/2009 - Quick cards with QuickCard from Zebra
- 27/04/2009 - Intellident Selects Star Micronics TUP900
- 03/04/2009 - Zebra prints fridge magnets for Zoo Animal Adoption Programme
- 25/03/2009 - DED to exhibit Zebra at IFSEC
- 23/03/2009 - New Slimline Kiosk Printer Option from DED
- 02/03/2009 - DED ID Cards secure Hempstead House Hotel
- 12/12/2008 - The NP3511-JP and NP3411-JB Kiosk Printers from DED
- 08/12/2008 - Retainagroup Combat Car Theft with the Help of DED
- 17/11/2008 - Game, Set & Match for Posiflex Terminals
- 10/11/2008 - Security Options for Zebra, P330i and P430i Printers
- 01/09/2008 - DED launches New PoS Touchscreens
- 29/08/2008 - DED Offer the Complete EPoS Hardware Solution with DEDPoS Retail