Air handling units steam up with JS Humidifiers
20 February 2009
The Derby Quad, the new landmark arts centre in the heart of Derby, has recently been supplied with three Neptronic SKE resistive Steam Humidifiers from JS Humidifiers.
The humidifier installations were undertaken by electrical and mechanical services contractor, Balfour Kilpatrick
The humidity in the art gallery, art stores and cinema projection rooms, is maintained by the humidifiers, providing steam to the buildings' air handling units.
Recently opened at a cost of £11m, the Derby Quad also has a café, bar and workshops and provides a central hub for arts and culture in the region.
The technical services manager for Balfour Kilpatricks' Nottingham office said, "The Quad requires close control of air conditions, both temperature and humidity, in the projection room to preserve the film media, and the art gallery and art stores for the paintings. Furthermore, the relative humidity in the art gallery has to be maintained at a consistent 45-55% over the initial 12 months that the Quad is opened, in order to satisfy insurance companies’ requirements for the displaying of valuable exhibits".
The Neptronic SKE resistive steam humidifier offers very close control of humidity to ±1%rH when used with RO water and ±2%rH when used with regular mains water. The tight control results from the self-cleaning heating elements resisting limescale build-up and therefore delivering consistent heat to the water across any 24 hour period.
The humidifier is very compact, has a small footprint and a wide 5-80kg of steam per hour output. It has quality construction with very few spares required and no consumable plastic components.
Unlike electrode boiler type humidifiers, resistive steam humidifiers do not incorporate disposable boiling cylinders and are therefore much cheaper to maintain. The Neptronic SKE has a stainless steel evaporation chamber where the limescale collects after falling from the scale-resistant heating elements. The chambers have a lifetime guarantee and are easily drained, disconnected and emptied of limescale.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2017 - Condair jetspray humidifies at Fujifilm
- 03/07/2017 - Condair opens new Hamburg factory
- 14/06/2017 - Condair service team expansion
- 22/05/2017 - New Dehumidifier range from Condair
- 24/02/2017 - New close control adiabatic humidifier
- 12/01/2017 - Evaporative cooling app from Condair
- 13/04/2016 - Condair humidifies drupa halls
- 01/02/2016 - New Condair Electrode Steam Humidifier
- 17/12/2015 - Humidity matters at Jersey air traffic control
- 12/08/2015 - Condair Humidifies Polestar Sheffield
- 19/05/2015 - New Condair RS Steam Humidifier
- 06/05/2015 - Wellcome Trust Condair HP Humidifier
- 05/03/2015 - Humidification on Ice
- 12/12/2014 - New online Humidifer Selector
- 06/10/2014 - CONDAIR- the new name for JS Humidifiers
- 18/09/2014 - JS Humidifiers introduce Condair ME Evaporative Humidifier
- 15/05/2014 - Humidifying Facebook
- 25/04/2014 - Rolling Road Humidification at Jaguar Land Rover
- 07/01/2013 - Condair Launch 3D Bim Humidifier Models
- 22/05/2012 - New In-Room Spray Humidifier
- 22/03/2012 - New Condair CP3 From JS Humidifiers
- 16/02/2012 - Js Humidifiers keeps hops tip top at Timothy Taylor Brewery
- 25/10/2011 - JS Humidifiers achieves Bronze Investors in people
- 22/09/2011 - JS Competes in Little Britain
- 13/09/2011 - Condair MK5 from JS Humidifiers
- 12/08/2010 - DARREN BRYANT JOINS JS HUMIDIFIERS
- 16/06/2010 - NEW STEAM-TO-STEAM HUMIDIFIER
- 25/03/2010 - Humidifying bugs at ZSL London Zoo
- 30/12/2009 - JS humidifies leading Data Centre
- 21/10/2009 - Armouries Museum and Firearms Centre keep cool with JS
- 02/07/2009 - Please breath responsibly
- 01/07/2009 - JS humidifies snake rooms
- 23/04/2009 - Accreditation first for JS Humidifiers
- 13/11/2008 - The Jetspray Humidifier Gets an Upgrade
- 06/11/2008 - The Evaporative Humidifier is Launched
- 03/11/2008 - Installing Humidifers and Making a Profit
- 31/10/2008 - Free Legionnaire’s Disease Inspections
- 30/10/2008 - Humidifiers with Tiny Footprints