JS humidifies leading Data Centre
30 December 2009
JS Humidifiers recently supplied and installed at Dublins' Citadel 100, two Neptronic SKE resistive steam humidifiers and reverse osmosis water treatment systems.The steam humidifiers can supply up to 140 litres of moisture every hour to help control the humidity around the 7,500m2 data halls and the water treatment systems remove most of the minerals from the supply water prior to boiling.
George McDonald, technical manager at Citadel 100, commented;
"We need to maintain 50% relative humidity in the data halls to prevent static build-up and maintain a healthy environment. Without the humidifiers the atmosphere can drop to 25%rH which is a risk to both people working in the area and the equipment. The humidifiers operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 80% capacity. The Neptronic SKE humidifiers have performed well since they’ve been installed and we’ve been able to fit and forget them with absolutely no issues".
"The reverse osmosis water filters have also been very effective. Previously we had to service the humidification system every one and a half months to empty to the limescale from the boiling chambers. This took about a day to do. However, with the reverse osmosis filters in place we only have to service the units once every six months".
The Neptronic SKE has 98% metal construction and has been designed to keep consumable components to an absolute minimum. The heating elements are made from scale-resistive Incoloy 825 super alloy, which when heated causes any limescale that does build up to crack from the surface in small manageable pieces. These are then mostly washed to drain during normal operation.
When combined with a PureFlo 100 reverse osmosis water treatment system, which removes 90% of the minerals from the supply water, the maintenance requirements of a Neptronic SKE are dramatically reduced as very little limescale builds up in the boiling chamber. This is in stark contrast to electrode boiler type steam humidifiers, which regularly require expensive replacement boiling chambers to combat limescale build-up.
JS Humidifiers is the UKs' largest humidification company with the widest range of products and offers a service of advice, design, supply, installation and maintenance. It also offers a comprehensive range of humidifier spares, not only for JS equipment but also for a large range of different manufacturers’ humidifiers, mostly available ex-stock.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/01/2018 - New Condair Ro for better humidity Control
- 04/08/2017 - Condair jetspray humidifies at Fujifilm
- 03/07/2017 - Condair opens new Hamburg factory
- 14/06/2017 - Condair service team expansion
- 22/05/2017 - New Dehumidifier range from Condair
- 24/02/2017 - New close control adiabatic humidifier
- 12/01/2017 - Evaporative cooling app from Condair
- 13/04/2016 - Condair humidifies drupa halls
- 01/02/2016 - New Condair Electrode Steam Humidifier
- 17/12/2015 - Humidity matters at Jersey air traffic control
- 12/08/2015 - Condair Humidifies Polestar Sheffield
- 19/05/2015 - New Condair RS Steam Humidifier
- 06/05/2015 - Wellcome Trust Condair HP Humidifier
- 05/03/2015 - Humidification on Ice
- 12/12/2014 - New online Humidifer Selector
- 06/10/2014 - CONDAIR- the new name for JS Humidifiers
- 18/09/2014 - JS Humidifiers introduce Condair ME Evaporative Humidifier
- 15/05/2014 - Humidifying Facebook
- 25/04/2014 - Rolling Road Humidification at Jaguar Land Rover
- 07/01/2013 - Condair Launch 3D Bim Humidifier Models
- 22/05/2012 - New In-Room Spray Humidifier
- 22/03/2012 - New Condair CP3 From JS Humidifiers
- 16/02/2012 - Js Humidifiers keeps hops tip top at Timothy Taylor Brewery
- 25/10/2011 - JS Humidifiers achieves Bronze Investors in people
- 22/09/2011 - JS Competes in Little Britain
- 13/09/2011 - Condair MK5 from JS Humidifiers
- 12/08/2010 - DARREN BRYANT JOINS JS HUMIDIFIERS
- 16/06/2010 - NEW STEAM-TO-STEAM HUMIDIFIER
- 25/03/2010 - Humidifying bugs at ZSL London Zoo
- 21/10/2009 - Armouries Museum and Firearms Centre keep cool with JS
- 02/07/2009 - Please breath responsibly
- 01/07/2009 - JS humidifies snake rooms
- 23/04/2009 - Accreditation first for JS Humidifiers
- 20/02/2009 - Air handling units steam up with JS Humidifiers
- 13/11/2008 - The Jetspray Humidifier Gets an Upgrade
- 06/11/2008 - The Evaporative Humidifier is Launched
- 03/11/2008 - Installing Humidifers and Making a Profit
- 31/10/2008 - Free Legionnaire’s Disease Inspections
- 30/10/2008 - Humidifiers with Tiny Footprints