C-Tec complete installation at prestigious nursing home
27 August 2009
Residents at Hawkswood Priory in the heart of Staffordshire are now safeguarded by a range of c-Tecs' life safety products.The nursing home is a Grade 1 listed building, built in 1896 by the Dominican Order and in 1989 was converted into a 76 bedroom nursing home. In 2008 further renovation was undertaken, enlisting electrical installation specialists C-Tec, a BAFE SP203 accredited Lancashire based company.
The old fire alarm system was replaced by C-Tecs' XFP analogue addressable system with over 200 Hochiki devices and 12 sounders powered by C-Tecs' EN54-4 compliant 24v 3A power supplies - a vital aspect of the installation according to Solid States' Laurence McKeown who managed the project.
“According to EN54-4, power supplies used in a fire alarm system must have certain features to comply with the standard. For example, it is crucial that it has the capacity to continue to function in the event of a power cut. At the end of the day, installers who use non-compliant equipment do so at their peril.”
C-Tec also installed its' Quantec addressable call system to ensure the safety and security of residents with each room being fitted with two addressable call points to enable patients to call for assistance when required.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 28/07/2016 - C-TEC Launches New Interactive Website
- 28/04/2016 - C-Tec to exhibit new cast systems at Firex
- 14/01/2016 - New Dementia Care Centre Selects C-TEC Systems
- 26/11/2015 - To The Manor Born!
- 19/11/2015 - Splendid Isolation Created by C-TEC’s Innovation
- 27/10/2015 - Fire Stations opt for C-TEC’s Power Supplies
- 24/08/2015 - C-Tec to exhibit at SSA 2015
- 07/07/2015 - Manchester's hottest new hotel selects C-TEC's revolutionary ZFP Fire Panel
- 04/06/2015 - C-TEC appoints new export business development manager
- 14/05/2015 - C-TEC Launches Free CAD Downloads
- 06/05/2015 - C-TEC to unveil revolutionary new protocol at Firex
- 05/05/2015 - C-TEC on trend at Matalan's new headquarters
- 20/03/2015 - C-TEC's touch screen controlled ZFP fire panel excels at co-educational school in St Helens
- 08/10/2014 - A Top Performance by C-TEC ZFP Killeavy Sports Clubs
- 11/09/2014 - C-TEC TO EXHIBIT AT SECURITY ESSEN 2014
- 06/05/2014 - Seminar Success for C-Tec
- 10/02/2014 - C-Tec Launches new Induction Loop Amplifier
- 10/12/2013 - Full Steam Ahead!
- 23/09/2013 - Going For Gold!
- 22/07/2013 - Touch and Go!
- 16/05/2013 - Top Award for C-Tec Apprentice
- 21/02/2013 - A New Director at C-Tec
- 20/09/2012 - C-Tec to Exhibit at ESSEN 2012
- 28/05/2012 - Caring Times
- 05/04/2012 - Boxing Clever!
- 20/02/2012 - On the Ball!
- 17/01/2012 - Under Pressure!
- 14/11/2011 - C-Tecs New Call Controllers Now Available
- 13/10/2011 - On Call!
- 11/10/2011 - Cool Cuisine! Esteemed grocery chain opts for C-Tec's Life Safety Equipment
- 10/10/2011 - Flying The Flag!
- 13/09/2011 - C-Tec exhibiting at the Care Show London
- 04/08/2011 - C-TEC’S New Trade Price List
- 11/07/2011 - C-Tec appoint new Technical Account Manager
- 05/10/2010 - C-TECS HUSH THOSE FALSE ALARMS SEMINAR AT FIREX NORTH
- 14/09/2010 - Outstanding outstations from C-Tec
- 24/08/2010 - SENSATIONAL STEEL
- 08/06/2010 - HOSPITAL HAVEN
- 08/06/2010 - IN THE LOOP!
- 23/03/2010 - C-TECs' XFP installed at Newcastles' new Namco Gaming Centre.
- 22/03/2010 - IFSEC to host C-Tec 'UK Fire Safety Laws' seminar
- 26/02/2010 - C-Tecs' SigNET heard in Crown Court
- 25/02/2010 - New Stainless Steel Enclosure from C-Tec
- 24/02/2010 - C-tecs' Epic installation of fire alarm control panel
- 11/02/2010 - Signet new LS Voice Alarm scores at new stadium
- 17/12/2009 - C-Tec innovative Quantec Call System installed at new medical facility
- 13/11/2009 - C-Tec are on the pull!
- 28/10/2009 - Further growth in pipeline as C-Tec expands R&D team
- 21/09/2009 - C-Tecs' Quantec call system installed at Blackpools' new primary care centre
- 21/08/2009 - C-Tec launch new short-form catalogue
- 21/07/2009 - Hush button a big hit in student hall of residence
- 21/04/2009 - C-Tec procedures now approved by BSI, LPCB and VdS
- 28/01/2009 - Third party VDS approval for C-Tecs' Power Supplies
- 02/12/2008 - Solid State Complete Major Project at Prestigious Food Store
- 08/10/2008 - Pioneering Engineering
- 01/10/2008 - Call for Assistance with your Finger, Fist, Foot or Elbow
- 30/09/2008 - C-Tec Release New Strip-Switch Call Signalling System
- 18/09/2008 - C-Tec's Hush Buttons Installed at Luxury Housing Development
- 29/08/2008 - C-TECs Release Bigger and Better Catologue
- 21/07/2008 - LPCB 'Panel' Approval for C-TEC