On the Ball!
20 February 2012
Solid State successfully tackles major project at Saints' New Super StadiumTop specialist electrical installation company, Solid State, has completed a major project at the magnificent new purpose-built Rugby League stadium in St Helens. The BAFE SP203 registered company installed all the life-safety systems at Langtree Park including a powerful fire alarm and voice alarm system.
The state-of-the-art arena is destined to become not only home to one of the world’s most famous rugby league clubs but also become a hot-spot for business events with its first-class corporate hospitality facilities, restaurants, meeting rooms and conference space for up to 1,600 delegates. Featuring bright-red seating areas, a mirrored Sky TV lounge designed to house teams of television commentators and a gigantic TV screen and score-display board, the open-air stadium has a capacity of 18,000 and is worlds away from the old Saints Knowsley Road ground.
Said Phil White, Stadium Manager: “Langtree Park is one of the most prestigious sports stadiums ever to be built in the North West and we were lucky to engage the services of one of the region’s top specialist electrical companies to install the life-safety systems.”
“The service we received from Solid State was excellent. From design stage, right through to installation, Solid State displayed exemplary technical knowledge and expertise. We are absolutely delighted with the fire and voice alarm system they installed and the ease with which they completed this major project.”
Working to a tight three-month timescale, nine engineers were deployed to site full-time to ensure the swift and smooth completion of the project which involved installing a vast and complicated assortment of electrical equipment.
Said Paul Turner, Senior Engineer at the rapidly-expanding Lancashire-based company: “The challenge was to install the life-safety systems within tight timescales and we pulled out all the stops out to ensure they were up and running in time for handover. We are all big rugby fans so it was incredibly exciting to be working on a stadium exclusively designed for rugby league matches.”
Two of C-TEC’s powerful 4-loop Envision touch-screen controlled analogue addressable fire panels were specified. Fully compliant with EN54 parts 2 and 4, the networked panels connect to over 600 devices including 500 Apollo detectors and 85 C-TEC manufactured addressable loop sounder/beacons distributed throughout the site. With their intuitive 4.3 inch, 472 x 248 pixel colour resistive touch-screens, the panels provide clear and constant feedback on all aspects of fire alarm system activity at the stadium. The panel’s full on-screen QWERTY keyboard makes programming and installation straightforward.
Central to the stadium’s safety and security is SigNET’s LS voice alarm system. With its LCD touch screen, LS is a powerful and highly sophisticated voice alarm, public address and background music system. At its centre is the SS2N network station which allows the amplifiers, fire alarm interfaces, audio inputs, and manual and automatic controllers to be distributed around the ground.
Also installed on site is a SigTEL fire telephone system, connected to 20 red fire telephone outstations, and an extensive range of C-TEC’s PDA range of induction loop amplifiers for the hard of hearing, disabled refuge systems and disabled persons’ toilet alarms. An automatic turnstile monitoring system is also in operation.
With over 30 years’ experience in the design, installation and maintenance of fire detection, nurse call, voice alarm and public address systems, Solid State is BAFE SP203 accredited, an affiliated member of the NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) and the FIA (Fire Industry Association).
For more information, please contact Solid State on 01257 463018 or visit www.solidstatesecurity.co.u
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 28/07/2016 - C-TEC Launches New Interactive Website
- 28/04/2016 - C-Tec to exhibit new cast systems at Firex
- 14/01/2016 - New Dementia Care Centre Selects C-TEC Systems
- 26/11/2015 - To The Manor Born!
- 19/11/2015 - Splendid Isolation Created by C-TEC’s Innovation
- 27/10/2015 - Fire Stations opt for C-TEC’s Power Supplies
- 24/08/2015 - C-Tec to exhibit at SSA 2015
- 07/07/2015 - Manchester's hottest new hotel selects C-TEC's revolutionary ZFP Fire Panel
- 04/06/2015 - C-TEC appoints new export business development manager
- 14/05/2015 - C-TEC Launches Free CAD Downloads
- 06/05/2015 - C-TEC to unveil revolutionary new protocol at Firex
- 05/05/2015 - C-TEC on trend at Matalan's new headquarters
- 20/03/2015 - C-TEC's touch screen controlled ZFP fire panel excels at co-educational school in St Helens
- 08/10/2014 - A Top Performance by C-TEC ZFP Killeavy Sports Clubs
- 11/09/2014 - C-TEC TO EXHIBIT AT SECURITY ESSEN 2014
- 06/05/2014 - Seminar Success for C-Tec
- 10/02/2014 - C-Tec Launches new Induction Loop Amplifier
- 10/12/2013 - Full Steam Ahead!
- 23/09/2013 - Going For Gold!
- 22/07/2013 - Touch and Go!
- 16/05/2013 - Top Award for C-Tec Apprentice
- 21/02/2013 - A New Director at C-Tec
- 20/09/2012 - C-Tec to Exhibit at ESSEN 2012
- 28/05/2012 - Caring Times
- 05/04/2012 - Boxing Clever!
- 17/01/2012 - Under Pressure!
- 14/11/2011 - C-Tecs New Call Controllers Now Available
- 13/10/2011 - On Call!
- 11/10/2011 - Cool Cuisine! Esteemed grocery chain opts for C-Tec's Life Safety Equipment
- 10/10/2011 - Flying The Flag!
- 13/09/2011 - C-Tec exhibiting at the Care Show London
- 04/08/2011 - C-TEC’S New Trade Price List
- 11/07/2011 - C-Tec appoint new Technical Account Manager
- 05/10/2010 - C-TECS HUSH THOSE FALSE ALARMS SEMINAR AT FIREX NORTH
- 14/09/2010 - Outstanding outstations from C-Tec
- 24/08/2010 - SENSATIONAL STEEL
- 08/06/2010 - HOSPITAL HAVEN
- 08/06/2010 - IN THE LOOP!
- 23/03/2010 - C-TECs' XFP installed at Newcastles' new Namco Gaming Centre.
- 22/03/2010 - IFSEC to host C-Tec 'UK Fire Safety Laws' seminar
- 26/02/2010 - C-Tecs' SigNET heard in Crown Court
- 25/02/2010 - New Stainless Steel Enclosure from C-Tec
- 24/02/2010 - C-tecs' Epic installation of fire alarm control panel
- 11/02/2010 - Signet new LS Voice Alarm scores at new stadium
- 17/12/2009 - C-Tec innovative Quantec Call System installed at new medical facility
- 13/11/2009 - C-Tec are on the pull!
- 28/10/2009 - Further growth in pipeline as C-Tec expands R&D team
- 21/09/2009 - C-Tecs' Quantec call system installed at Blackpools' new primary care centre
- 27/08/2009 - C-Tec complete installation at prestigious nursing home
- 21/08/2009 - C-Tec launch new short-form catalogue
- 21/07/2009 - Hush button a big hit in student hall of residence
- 21/04/2009 - C-Tec procedures now approved by BSI, LPCB and VdS
- 28/01/2009 - Third party VDS approval for C-Tecs' Power Supplies
- 02/12/2008 - Solid State Complete Major Project at Prestigious Food Store
- 08/10/2008 - Pioneering Engineering
- 01/10/2008 - Call for Assistance with your Finger, Fist, Foot or Elbow
- 30/09/2008 - C-Tec Release New Strip-Switch Call Signalling System
- 18/09/2008 - C-Tec's Hush Buttons Installed at Luxury Housing Development
- 29/08/2008 - C-TECs Release Bigger and Better Catologue
- 21/07/2008 - LPCB 'Panel' Approval for C-TEC