Preventing Legionnaires' Disease Help for Hotels & Guesthouses at Hotelympia 2012
16 February 2012
Following the recent high-profile cases of Legionnaires’ disease in Essex and Wales, many hotels are looking more closely at what they can do to protect their guests.Maintaining correct water temperatures is vital for risk management of this disease and UK thermometer suppliers, TME, have a specialist range of equipment to make this simple.TME will be demonstrating their specialist thermometers and Legionnaires’ temperature kits at Hotelympia 2012 at ExCel London from 26 Feb – 01 Mar 2012 (Stand S1645).
What is Legionnaires Disease?
Legionnaires Disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia. It is caused by the Legionella Pneumophila bacteria which, under the right conditions, can populate hot and cold water systems in a building, risking exposure to residents. The disease can affect anyone but presents a particular risk to certain vulnerable groups such as those with asthma and the over-fifties.The Health & Safety executive also include hotels, B&Bs, guest houses and holiday camps; and caravan and camping sites among businesses with particular responsibilities.
The Health & Safety Executive‘s Approved Code of Practice L8 states that these businesses must carry out a full legionella risk assessment and implement a programme of preventive measures to minimize the risk of an outbreak of the disease. Failure to comply could result in prosecution and, where an outbreak occurs, severe penalties for those responsible. Testing the temperature of water from taps, showers and mixer valves is a vital because the legionella bacteria thrive in water at temperatures between 20◦C and 45◦C.
How TME can help
- TME offers equipment designed specifically to make the job simplicity itself:
- The best-selling LEGK1 cased Kit includes a waterproof thermometer plus surface, immersion and fine wire probes with a log book for manual recording.
- The FMK2 holster Kit combines a waterproof thermometer with TME’s ground-breaking dual probe for both immersion and pipe surfaces saving the operator time and money.
- The unique MM7000 ThermoBar Scan combines barcode-reading and Bluetooth technologies in a digital logging thermometer, which records temperature, time and date against all the test points in the building by using barcodes to identify their location. Up to 1000 records can be logged before downloading the data to a PC or PDA.
MD Tom Sensier says: “TME Temperature Kits are in daily use in care homes, hospitals and schools where the use of guaranteed, high-quality, accurate instruments helps to protect those who are most vulnerable to this kind of infection. TME’s experience in these areas makes our equipment the most reliable choice for the hospitality industry from small guesthouses to the largest hotels and holiday parks”
TME manufactures a wide range of high quality temperature equipment. For more information, including a free catalogue, contact TM Electronics (UK) Ltd on 01903 700651 email@example.com or visit www.tmelectronics.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/07/2018 - TME to Exhibit at first-ever H&C EXPO at Celtic Manor on 17-18 July 2018.
- 07/06/2018 - TME Campervan at Commercial Kitchen 2018 - NEW Thermometers & Special Offers
- 14/12/2017 - Seasons Cheer! Seasonal Offers from TME Thermometers
- 14/12/2017 - TME Launch Radical NEW Legionella Risk Management Probe KS20-S
- 24/11/2017 - Looking for a quick fix?
- 23/11/2017 - Buy A Bargain Sous Vide Kit This November From TME
- 23/11/2017 - TME launch Black Friday Sale 2017
- 30/03/2017 - TME Thermometers Announce New UK Trade Show Offers for 2017/2018
- 28/10/2016 - Fantastic follow-up for TME at Lunch! 2016
- 28/10/2016 - Legionella water testing – healthcare delegates applaud practicality
- 06/10/2016 - NEW hot and cold water temperature aids for legionella risk management
- 26/05/2016 - Wish You Could Have Your Cake and Eat It?
- 26/05/2016 - Think you can’t afford high performance food thermometers?
- 14/04/2016 - New Low Cost Temperature Testing Fights Food Bacteria
- 16/02/2016 - Colourful New Probes Fight Food Bacteria
- 10/12/2015 - NEW Thermometer with Integral Timer simplifies Legionella Water Tests
- 28/09/2015 - TME’s Legionella Temperature Range at IHEEM 2015
- 01/09/2015 - TME: Best-selling thermometers at Lunch!
- 28/07/2015 - Nuts to greenhouses – Smart testing solutions from TME
- 30/06/2015 - New efficient, sustainable temperature measurement solutions at IT Food Summit 2015
- 22/06/2015 - Top 5 Thermometer Buys for the Professional Kitchen
- 10/04/2015 - British thermometers catch the eye at Anuga FoodTec
- 16/03/2015 - New Generation ThermoBarScan offers instant feedback on temperature measurements
- 12/03/2015 - UK Thermometer Business celebrates 25 Years of Innovation at Anuga
- 12/03/2015 - Casual Dining visitors bowled over by barcode thermometers
- 23/01/2015 - TME Celebrate 25th Anniversary at Casual Dining 2015
- 20/06/2014 - School Thermometer Offers from TME at LACA 2014
- 16/05/2014 - New Temperature Logging System Steals the Limelight
- 25/04/2014 - Breaking News! 10% discount on all TM Electronics products at Hotelympia 2014!
- 07/04/2014 - New Temperature Technology Delivers the Best Results
- 03/04/2014 - TME Thermocouples comply with new BSI Standard
- 25/03/2014 - Free School Meals Plan - Special Offers on Catering Thermometers
- 04/03/2014 - TME Catering Thermometers at Hotelympia 2014 – Good Advice Guaranteed
- 04/03/2014 - New Food Kit gives start-ups a helping hand
- 04/03/2014 - TME reports 80% rise in online orders following launch of new website
- 30/01/2014 - TME Food Thermometers at FOODEX 2014 – Good Advice Guaranteed
- 21/11/2013 - New solution for cold/hot food monitoring saves time and hassle
- 19/08/2013 - Temperature measurement experts launch new solution for Cold/Hot Food Monitoring
- 19/08/2013 - Food Temperature Monitoring – Great New Ideas from TM Electronics
- 14/08/2013 - Legionnaires’ disease – tackling the risk
- 21/05/2013 - Legionella experts launch new solution for difficult to access temperature points
- 25/03/2013 - Legionnaires’ disease – Hotels tackle the risk
- 15/03/2013 - TME show new catering thermometer range at Bournemouth Hotel & Catering Show
- 20/09/2012 - New Deal on Legionella Monitoring for LEA Schools
- 20/09/2012 - TME’s New Deal for Cost Sector Caterers
- 20/09/2012 - TME set to outrun the competition at this year’s Restaurant Show
- 10/07/2012 - Legionnaires’ disease – protecting schools and colleges
- 10/07/2012 - TME thermometers – faster than the competition
- 21/06/2012 - Streamlined Food Temperature Monitoring from TME
- 21/06/2012 - Temperature Hot Spots from TME
- 16/02/2012 - TME Thermometer Pollat Hotelympia 2012 - Win a £200 DEBENHAMS Shopping Spree
- 16/02/2012 - Waterproof and Fast- TME showcases improved Sous Vide Temperature Kit with ThermaSprint Technology at Hotelympia 2012
- 16/02/2012 - Preventing Legionnaires Disease: Help for Care Homes
- 16/02/2012 - All the best connections from TME
- 12/01/2012 - From Goods Inwards to Dispatch– NEW ‘1 for all’ temperature system from TME
- 12/01/2012 - Rapid response, interchangeable temperature probes
- 05/01/2012 - Chefs in a hurry? Visit TME at Hotelympia 2012
- 05/01/2012 - Schools choose TME Kit for in-house testing
- 05/01/2012 - Bag yourself a Sous Vide Temperature Kit for just £135
- 04/01/2012 - New Year Offers from TME
- 01/06/2011 - Speciality meat probes from TM Electronics - MEATUP 2011 - Stand 515
- 01/06/2011 - TM Electronics (UK) Ltd is proud to support MEATUP 2011
- 29/03/2011 - Success for TME’s 2-in-1 Dual Purpose Surface/Immersion Probe
- 28/03/2011 - TME Recommends New Thermometer Range for Facilities Managers
- 14/03/2011 - TME Recommends New Thermometer Range for Food Retailers
- 14/03/2011 - Protect your stock with TME’s New Cold Storage Temperature Kit
- 19/05/2010 - TME Exhibit New Bluetooth Barcode Thermometers at 2010 Facilities Show
- 05/02/2010 - Win a prize, bag a bargain, try before you buy at Hotelympia 2010
- 26/03/2009 - New Barcode Thermometer for Water Temperature Monitoring
- 22/07/2008 - Totting up the Temperature