Risk and Challenge for Playbuilder Play Areas
22 June 2009
To meet the growing demand for providing challenging opportunities for Playbuilder play areas, Proludic have introduced two new product ranges.
The Clamber Boulders and Summit Nets range make excellent additions to both natural and urban play areas. They also meet the Playbuilder / Playpathfinder agenda, as they are designed specifically for the 8-13 age group.
These 3 dimensional rock structures challenge children’s strength and climbing abilities. For older children they also provide a great area to meet up and chat with friends. The natural look and rugged features of the rock compliments both urban and rural areas. The outer shell of the boulders is made from a curved handmade polyester resin skin that is sprayed with a sand/resin mix. This means the boulders are strong yet lighter than other types of boulders on the market. The material is also weather resistant, easy to clean and requires little maintenance.
There are 4 clamber boulder options within the range; these are Brecon Beacons, Scafell Pike, Snowdon and Ben Nevis. All 4 of these options range in height, enabling customers to find the right size boulder to ft into their play area. Ben Nevis is the biggest boulder with an impressive free fall height of 2.3 metres. The clamber boulders all conform to European Safety Standards EN12572 for artificial climbing structures.
The brightly coloured climbing nets have become a favourite item for many play areas. They provide centre piece structures that children love to explore. It is through climbing that children develop motor skills and learn their own capabilities in terms of risk and challenge. The Summit nets are available in 4 varying options, enabling them to suit a wide age range.
They are available in 4m high, 4m high twin, 5m high and 6m high structures, providing varying levels of risk and challenge. Each net is constructed with braided nylon rope and reinforced with steel wire. This ensures they are of the highest durability and will not sag or stretch excessively. The summit nets all conform to European Safety Standard EN1176 for playground equipment and are also TUV accredited.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/11/2020 - Wonderful Bespoke Mining Themed Playgrounds
- 17/09/2020 - More than ever, the lockdown caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of outdoor spaces for everyone.
- 04/06/2020 - Delivering more than just design!
- 04/06/2020 - Proludic launches 100 Rainbows Pledge
- 10/03/2020 - The Proludic team give a big welcome to Russell
- 10/01/2020 - Proludic’s new 2020 catalogue has arrived for all your play and sport needs
- 10/04/2019 - Proludic launch exciting new leisure brochure
- 02/02/2018 - Got a New Year’s Fitness Resolution…
- 02/02/2018 - Here’s to a Great 2018
- 07/09/2017 - Introducing the new Proludic Sports App
- 16/08/2017 - Adding special FL-AIR to the Fleet Arm Museum
- 11/08/2017 - National Park Gem
- 11/08/2017 - 10 Years of Success for These Sites
- 18/07/2017 - Proludic celebrate National Children’s Day in style
- 18/07/2017 - 15 Years of Fun
- 17/11/2016 - Moving on up…Proludic Ltd expands and moves to bigger office space
- 08/11/2016 - Proludic to enable 1 million people to be more active by 2020, using outdoor fitness equipment
- 17/08/2016 - Proludic strengthen Scotland team…
- 25/07/2016 - Great Green Gyms in Knowlsey
- 21/07/2016 - Proludic Happy Snapping Campaign
- 18/03/2016 - Proludic Continues Expansion With Three New Starters
- 03/03/2016 - Proludic promotes home grown talent
- 25/01/2016 - New Products for 2016!
- 23/11/2015 - 7 Steps to a Successful Outdoor Gym
- 07/07/2015 - Your Community Can with This Girl Can and Proludic
- 06/05/2015 - Beech Grove Play Area Opens
- 27/03/2015 - Proludic Announce New Managing Director
- 20/02/2015 - New Website Launched
- 19/11/2014 - Proludic launch new and improved funding guide!
- 14/10/2014 - Playground Safety- Back to Basics
- 26/06/2014 - Proludic inspires imagination with new themed play range
- 15/05/2014 - Cropton Park adds Fitness with Fun
- 15/05/2014 - Markeaton Park Creates Waves of Success for Proludic
- 16/08/2013 - Fields in Trust ‘Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge’ – an Olympic Legacy Success
- 16/08/2013 - Children Should Have the Right to Play
- 16/08/2013 - Let’s get Adults Exercising Again
- 12/09/2011 - Proludic launches ‘SOCIAL FITNESS’ campaign backed by Olympians Steve Backley and Roger Black
- 28/03/2011 - Proludic Launch FREE Funding and Community Engagement Guide!
- 04/11/2010 - Pease Park - Wakefield
- 14/09/2010 - Proludic strike 'Gold' at IOG Saltex
- 10/05/2010 - Smile, it’s Fitz Park!
- 20/01/2010 - Proludic appoint head of special projects
- 02/10/2009 - Ludic’ Area from Proludic - The future of Adventure Play
- 26/08/2009 - Proludic revamp Marmian Park
- 21/04/2009 - Proludic playful landscapes
- 23/03/2009 - Two new play areas for Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
- 24/02/2009 - David Lloyd keeping fit with Proludic kit
- 24/02/2009 - Proludic hands on with Willoughby playground project
- 18/02/2009 - Proludic gets playful with Awsworth Parish Council
- 24/11/2008 - Building Dreams through Public Consultation
- 20/10/2008 - From Shed to Tree: The Business that Grew out of Fun
- 08/10/2008 - Discover the Benefits of Child's Play
- 08/10/2008 - Case Study for the £300,000 Revamp of Children's Park