Pease Park - Wakefield
04 November 2010
Proludic worked with Wakefield to regenerate and install a range of exciting fixed play equipment in the centre of a family housing open spaceConstruction work was started in February 2010 and completed with a launch event in May 2010.
The previous equipment in the park had caused some antisocial behaviour which had upset and caused complaints from nearby residents; it was therefore removed and left residents with no provision or facilities.
The main aim was to enable children to use their imagination and experience different challenges and adventures. This would help to combat the antisocial behaviour by creating equipment that children of all ages can enjoy and also keeping them engaged and informed in the process.
The need for a new play area in Pease Park was identified by the Pontefract Community Partnership. A steering group was set up with the objective of providing a better use of space for the whole community.
Local community consultation aided this and comments from schools, parents, children and residents were taken into consideration when the plan for the new park was drawn up.
Based on this evidence Proludic helped design an attractive environment for outdoor recreation with a range of new facilities including seating, football posts and a high quality inclusive play area.
Toddlers, juniors and teenagers were crucially given their own zones and equipment to use. This and the fact that the park is now centrally located in the space has seen a reduction in antisocial behaviour.
The children have become so enthused with the project that they are putting forward their ideas to improve the area further with a planned phase 2.
The phase 2 project is scheduled to commence in September 2010 and is being funded by WREN.
“I was delighted to be able to work with my home local authority on Proludic’s first project for Wakefield. The design brief was clearly defined by the meaningful consultation that had been carried out with local residents and it has been extremely satisfying delivering a play area that not only met but exceeded their expectations.” Paula Appleton, Regional Sales Manager
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 02/02/2018 - Got a New Year’s Fitness Resolution…
- 02/02/2018 - Here’s to a Great 2018
- 07/09/2017 - Introducing the new Proludic Sports App
- 16/08/2017 - Adding special FL-AIR to the Fleet Arm Museum
- 11/08/2017 - National Park Gem
- 11/08/2017 - 10 Years of Success for These Sites
- 18/07/2017 - Proludic celebrate National Children’s Day in style
- 18/07/2017 - 15 Years of Fun
- 17/11/2016 - Moving on up…Proludic Ltd expands and moves to bigger office space
- 08/11/2016 - Proludic to enable 1 million people to be more active by 2020, using outdoor fitness equipment
- 17/08/2016 - Proludic strengthen Scotland team…
- 25/07/2016 - Great Green Gyms in Knowlsey
- 21/07/2016 - Proludic Happy Snapping Campaign
- 18/03/2016 - Proludic Continues Expansion With Three New Starters
- 03/03/2016 - Proludic promotes home grown talent
- 25/01/2016 - New Products for 2016!
- 23/11/2015 - 7 Steps to a Successful Outdoor Gym
- 07/07/2015 - Your Community Can with This Girl Can and Proludic
- 06/05/2015 - Beech Grove Play Area Opens
- 27/03/2015 - Proludic Announce New Managing Director
- 20/02/2015 - New Website Launched
- 19/11/2014 - Proludic launch new and improved funding guide!
- 14/10/2014 - Playground Safety- Back to Basics
- 26/06/2014 - Proludic inspires imagination with new themed play range
- 15/05/2014 - Cropton Park adds Fitness with Fun
- 15/05/2014 - Markeaton Park Creates Waves of Success for Proludic
- 16/08/2013 - Fields in Trust ‘Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge’ – an Olympic Legacy Success
- 16/08/2013 - Children Should Have the Right to Play
- 16/08/2013 - Let’s get Adults Exercising Again
- 12/09/2011 - Proludic launches ‘SOCIAL FITNESS’ campaign backed by Olympians Steve Backley and Roger Black
- 28/03/2011 - Proludic Launch FREE Funding and Community Engagement Guide!
- 14/09/2010 - Proludic strike 'Gold' at IOG Saltex
- 10/05/2010 - Smile, it’s Fitz Park!
- 20/01/2010 - Proludic appoint head of special projects
- 02/10/2009 - Ludic’ Area from Proludic - The future of Adventure Play
- 26/08/2009 - Proludic revamp Marmian Park
- 22/06/2009 - Risk and Challenge for Playbuilder Play Areas
- 21/04/2009 - Proludic playful landscapes
- 23/03/2009 - Two new play areas for Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
- 24/02/2009 - David Lloyd keeping fit with Proludic kit
- 24/02/2009 - Proludic hands on with Willoughby playground project
- 18/02/2009 - Proludic gets playful with Awsworth Parish Council
- 24/11/2008 - Building Dreams through Public Consultation
- 20/10/2008 - From Shed to Tree: The Business that Grew out of Fun
- 08/10/2008 - Discover the Benefits of Child's Play
- 08/10/2008 - Case Study for the £300,000 Revamp of Children's Park