The Audiometric Tester
18 September 2008
Excalibur have launched an audiometry tester to help meet regulations.
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 made hearing testing compulsory where exposure levels were exceeded. This linked with ever increasing claims for noise-induced-hearing-loss mean that now is the time to stem the flow of potential litigation. What could be an occupational hazard, can be easily prevented with the right equipment. Castle Group Limited has created the Excalibur Audiometer to assist companies facing this issue.
Technologically advanced, the Excalibur makes light work of the testing process by using the power of a PC or laptop computer to efficiently carry out audiometric testing and store results. The comprehensive data management of the Excalibur system adds flexibility and control virtually unheard of in audiometry. Regular software updates also mean you will never be caught out again by any changes in the regulations, or codes of practice.
Connecting directly to a PC or laptop, the Excalibur is very easy to use and will guide the examiner through with the aid of prompts PC screen guide the examiner through the testing process.
The Excalibur’s state of the art features include the ability to compare new data with previous test results for category 1 analysis, and can even generate letters that recall patients for testing. Whole “batches” of test data can then easily be analyzed to give management statistics. Castle also offers a three-day training course in Industrial Audiometry.
The course is designed to give delegates an in-depth working knowledge of audiometric testing programmes through practical learning. The course is approved by the British Society of Audiology (BSA) and focuses heavily on Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Guidance.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/06/2015 - HAVS & Whole Body Vibration Competency Courses
- 26/03/2015 - Our One Day Courses in HAVS, Noise at Work, and COSHH are fast approaching!
- 17/02/2015 - Fancy Seeing Your Noise On My Big Flashing Pole?
- 12/02/2015 - Industrial Noise Complaints - BS4142 - it's all new
- 23/01/2015 - Would you buy a car without test driving it?
- 15/01/2015 - Upcoming Noise at Work Course 20th-22nd January 2015
- 11/12/2014 - Did you know depending on where you are in the world, you may actually weigh a different amount?
- 06/10/2014 - HAVS In A Day Course
- 26/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 18/09/2014 - Castle Vexo - Hand Arm Vibration Meter
- 08/09/2014 - Industrial Deafness the "new whiplash" for solicitors
- 03/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 02/09/2014 - COSHH isn't costly with us
- 22/08/2014 - Have a Sound Day With Us
- 11/08/2014 - One Day Courses in Vibration, Noise, and Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- 06/08/2014 - The Vexo H - The Simplest Instrument For Hand Arm Vibration
- 25/07/2014 - Try Before You Buy
- 10/07/2014 - Introducing the Loner Safety Monitoring Device
- 30/06/2014 - Learn how to carry out your own audiometric testing
- 17/06/2014 - Tool Timer for vibration exposure time measurement
- 15/05/2014 - Demonstrations of our core products, at no cost to you
- 07/04/2014 - Three gifts for Wise Men
- 25/03/2014 - To HAVi or not to HAVi
- 20/02/2014 - Are you or anyone in your company exposed to vibration, noise, or hazardous substances?
- 18/02/2014 - Three Ear Defenders for the price of Two - February Only
- 10/02/2014 - You'll wish you'd done it sooner
- 16/01/2014 - Shall we come to you?
- 03/09/2013 - Refreshing!
- 19/08/2013 - Ah - Refreshing!
- 16/08/2013 - New ‘Vexo’ Vibration Meter from Castle
- 01/07/2013 - Castle Prize Draw for Training Place
- 25/06/2013 - Health & Safety Expo
- 30/08/2012 - New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 28/06/2012 - NEW Accreditation for Human Vibration Course
- 04/05/2012 - Brand New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 08/12/2011 - New Dates for Training
- 04/02/2010 - Castle sells excess Electronic Orange stock for almost half price
- 01/04/2009 - All new Sound Level Meter range from Castle Group
- 21/01/2009 - New Sound Meter from Castle - quiet as a Mouse
- 01/09/2008 - Motorbike Racer Success for Health and Safety
- 17/01/2008 - Don’t Procrastinate, Attenuate! Hearing Protection Selection Solution! Sound Meter with in-built HPD Database!
- 04/12/2007 - Silver Platter Service-Calibration Services Offered by Castle Group
- 05/10/2007 - Walk away with a rental!
- 20/08/2007 - New Human vibration meter from Castle