All new Sound Level Meter range from Castle Group
01 April 2009
Castle Group Ltd of Scarborough has completely re-vamped its' range of pocket sized sound meters which are to be launched at Safety & Health Expo, 12th - 14th May 2009 at the NEC.
The newly named ‘Sonus’ Sound Level and Dosemeters host a high level of specification, packed into a small body. At the Top of the range is a combined Sound- and Dose-meter sporting dual-frequency measurement, data-logging to a sizeable memory and measurements to support noise at work and environmental applications.
This new range of instrument is designed with Safety, health and Environment (SHE) Professionals in mind, and has dedicated modes to match the task in hand. The innovative dual-frequency measurement means not having to repeat measurement and is ideal for hearing protection calculations, whilst the additional availability of 3 Ln percentile values makes this the most powerful meter in its class. Being housed in a tough, crack resistant plastic case, the Sonus meters will stand up to almost any environment.
Once measurements have been taken, the data can be downloaded into Castle’s standard dBdata software for producing graphs and tables and for copying and pasting data into standard software such as Microsoft Word or Excel.
The Sonus range features three Class 1 and three Class 2 instruments to the new IEC61672 Standard as well as two dosemeters. They have a measurement range from 30-140 dB, with parameters such as Leq (time-weighted average), Lmax (maximum level), LCpeak (peak level), Lepd (exposure level), LE (sound exposure level and three Ln percentiles all simultaneously.
It can measure two frequency weightings simultaneously as ‘A’ and ‘C’ or ‘A’ and ‘Z’ and has FAST, SLOW and IMPULSE time constants. By simply unplugging the microphone and plugging in a dosemeter cable, the top-range Sonus becomes a personal exposure meter (Dosemeter). Come and see for yourself on stand C9.
Castle Group is a specialist company in the provision of technical health, safety and environmental solutions and has been in operation for nearly 40 years.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/06/2015 - HAVS & Whole Body Vibration Competency Courses
- 26/03/2015 - Our One Day Courses in HAVS, Noise at Work, and COSHH are fast approaching!
- 17/02/2015 - Fancy Seeing Your Noise On My Big Flashing Pole?
- 12/02/2015 - Industrial Noise Complaints - BS4142 - it's all new
- 23/01/2015 - Would you buy a car without test driving it?
- 15/01/2015 - Upcoming Noise at Work Course 20th-22nd January 2015
- 11/12/2014 - Did you know depending on where you are in the world, you may actually weigh a different amount?
- 06/10/2014 - HAVS In A Day Course
- 26/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 18/09/2014 - Castle Vexo - Hand Arm Vibration Meter
- 08/09/2014 - Industrial Deafness the "new whiplash" for solicitors
- 03/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 02/09/2014 - COSHH isn't costly with us
- 22/08/2014 - Have a Sound Day With Us
- 11/08/2014 - One Day Courses in Vibration, Noise, and Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- 06/08/2014 - The Vexo H - The Simplest Instrument For Hand Arm Vibration
- 25/07/2014 - Try Before You Buy
- 10/07/2014 - Introducing the Loner Safety Monitoring Device
- 30/06/2014 - Learn how to carry out your own audiometric testing
- 17/06/2014 - Tool Timer for vibration exposure time measurement
- 15/05/2014 - Demonstrations of our core products, at no cost to you
- 07/04/2014 - Three gifts for Wise Men
- 25/03/2014 - To HAVi or not to HAVi
- 20/02/2014 - Are you or anyone in your company exposed to vibration, noise, or hazardous substances?
- 18/02/2014 - Three Ear Defenders for the price of Two - February Only
- 10/02/2014 - You'll wish you'd done it sooner
- 16/01/2014 - Shall we come to you?
- 03/09/2013 - Refreshing!
- 19/08/2013 - Ah - Refreshing!
- 16/08/2013 - New ‘Vexo’ Vibration Meter from Castle
- 01/07/2013 - Castle Prize Draw for Training Place
- 25/06/2013 - Health & Safety Expo
- 30/08/2012 - New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 28/06/2012 - NEW Accreditation for Human Vibration Course
- 04/05/2012 - Brand New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 08/12/2011 - New Dates for Training
- 04/02/2010 - Castle sells excess Electronic Orange stock for almost half price
- 21/01/2009 - New Sound Meter from Castle - quiet as a Mouse
- 18/09/2008 - The Audiometric Tester
- 01/09/2008 - Motorbike Racer Success for Health and Safety
- 17/01/2008 - Don’t Procrastinate, Attenuate! Hearing Protection Selection Solution! Sound Meter with in-built HPD Database!
- 04/12/2007 - Silver Platter Service-Calibration Services Offered by Castle Group
- 05/10/2007 - Walk away with a rental!
- 20/08/2007 - New Human vibration meter from Castle