Industrial Noise Complaints - BS4142 - it's all new
12 February 2015
The recent revision of BS4142:2014 (Methods for rating and assessing industrial and commercial sound) has set the world of acoustics alight with discussion and debate and it has certainly revolutionised the process for investigating complaints regarding industrial and commercial operations.They have managed to build in a more complex assessment methodology, increased measurement and interpretation. So, it's not all plain sailing.
The good news is that we have managed to cut a path through the new text and have built this in to become a core focus for our Environmental Noise Competent Person Course, so if you could use a helping hand with BS4142:2014, or if you have neighbours, then this course is a must-attend event.
One notable change to the standard is the need to measure weather conditions at the time of the noise measurement - this cannot be by forecast or observation, but must be by measurement! Other than that, the method for assessing character correction has changed significantly, including the potential to measure for tonality or impulsivity. So as you can see, guidance and thought is certainly required before you attempt to dive headlong into any assessments.
For anyone who is going to have to deal with this new standard, be it as an assessor, an Environmental Health Officer or a business owner who simply needs to know how to handle a CSR programme, then the Castle course will be invaluable to you.
Call us now on - 01723 584250 or email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/06/2015 - HAVS & Whole Body Vibration Competency Courses
- 26/03/2015 - Our One Day Courses in HAVS, Noise at Work, and COSHH are fast approaching!
- 17/02/2015 - Fancy Seeing Your Noise On My Big Flashing Pole?
- 23/01/2015 - Would you buy a car without test driving it?
- 15/01/2015 - Upcoming Noise at Work Course 20th-22nd January 2015
- 11/12/2014 - Did you know depending on where you are in the world, you may actually weigh a different amount?
- 06/10/2014 - HAVS In A Day Course
- 26/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 18/09/2014 - Castle Vexo - Hand Arm Vibration Meter
- 08/09/2014 - Industrial Deafness the "new whiplash" for solicitors
- 03/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 02/09/2014 - COSHH isn't costly with us
- 22/08/2014 - Have a Sound Day With Us
- 11/08/2014 - One Day Courses in Vibration, Noise, and Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- 06/08/2014 - The Vexo H - The Simplest Instrument For Hand Arm Vibration
- 25/07/2014 - Try Before You Buy
- 10/07/2014 - Introducing the Loner Safety Monitoring Device
- 30/06/2014 - Learn how to carry out your own audiometric testing
- 17/06/2014 - Tool Timer for vibration exposure time measurement
- 15/05/2014 - Demonstrations of our core products, at no cost to you
- 07/04/2014 - Three gifts for Wise Men
- 25/03/2014 - To HAVi or not to HAVi
- 20/02/2014 - Are you or anyone in your company exposed to vibration, noise, or hazardous substances?
- 18/02/2014 - Three Ear Defenders for the price of Two - February Only
- 10/02/2014 - You'll wish you'd done it sooner
- 16/01/2014 - Shall we come to you?
- 03/09/2013 - Refreshing!
- 19/08/2013 - Ah - Refreshing!
- 16/08/2013 - New ‘Vexo’ Vibration Meter from Castle
- 01/07/2013 - Castle Prize Draw for Training Place
- 25/06/2013 - Health & Safety Expo
- 30/08/2012 - New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 28/06/2012 - NEW Accreditation for Human Vibration Course
- 04/05/2012 - Brand New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 08/12/2011 - New Dates for Training
- 04/02/2010 - Castle sells excess Electronic Orange stock for almost half price
- 01/04/2009 - All new Sound Level Meter range from Castle Group
- 21/01/2009 - New Sound Meter from Castle - quiet as a Mouse
- 18/09/2008 - The Audiometric Tester
- 01/09/2008 - Motorbike Racer Success for Health and Safety
- 17/01/2008 - Don’t Procrastinate, Attenuate! Hearing Protection Selection Solution! Sound Meter with in-built HPD Database!
- 04/12/2007 - Silver Platter Service-Calibration Services Offered by Castle Group
- 05/10/2007 - Walk away with a rental!
- 20/08/2007 - New Human vibration meter from Castle