New Sound Meter from Castle - quiet as a Mouse
21 January 2009
Taking its' name from the Latin word meaning "Voice", the newly updated Vocis Sound Meter from Castle Group certainly has a lot to say for itself.
The Vocis can show exactly how much protection can be expected from any given hearing protection device, straight to the screen, via its' built in hearing protection database. Data can then be compared to the Exposure Limit Value from the Noise at Work Regulations 2005. This eases the onus of erroneous and time consuming calculations on the part of the Safety Officer, providing fast, accurate attenuation data analysis.
Castle’s dBdataPRO dedicated software then enables the hearing protection comparison to be uploaded directly to a PC or onto a portable printer - vital for any future litigation.
Chris Frear of Coors Brewery, Tadcaster said, ‘In the brewing industry, we needed a rugged instrument that was simple to use in a potentially tough environment. The Castle Vocis seemed to fit the mark and has certainly proven itself since we purchased it. Some of our team also attended a Castle Training course, which we found to be geared to exactly what we needed; the right amount of practical and theory to help us get the job done.’
For noise at work risk assessment in just one measurement with real time octave band analysis, twin measurement channels and 32mb of data-logging memory, the Castle Pro-DX Vocis Sound Meter is the ideal choice for health & safety professionals and being weather and dust proof, is designed for tough environments.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/06/2015 - HAVS & Whole Body Vibration Competency Courses
- 26/03/2015 - Our One Day Courses in HAVS, Noise at Work, and COSHH are fast approaching!
- 17/02/2015 - Fancy Seeing Your Noise On My Big Flashing Pole?
- 12/02/2015 - Industrial Noise Complaints - BS4142 - it's all new
- 23/01/2015 - Would you buy a car without test driving it?
- 15/01/2015 - Upcoming Noise at Work Course 20th-22nd January 2015
- 11/12/2014 - Did you know depending on where you are in the world, you may actually weigh a different amount?
- 06/10/2014 - HAVS In A Day Course
- 26/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 18/09/2014 - Castle Vexo - Hand Arm Vibration Meter
- 08/09/2014 - Industrial Deafness the "new whiplash" for solicitors
- 03/09/2014 - The Castle Mirus
- 02/09/2014 - COSHH isn't costly with us
- 22/08/2014 - Have a Sound Day With Us
- 11/08/2014 - One Day Courses in Vibration, Noise, and Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- 06/08/2014 - The Vexo H - The Simplest Instrument For Hand Arm Vibration
- 25/07/2014 - Try Before You Buy
- 10/07/2014 - Introducing the Loner Safety Monitoring Device
- 30/06/2014 - Learn how to carry out your own audiometric testing
- 17/06/2014 - Tool Timer for vibration exposure time measurement
- 15/05/2014 - Demonstrations of our core products, at no cost to you
- 07/04/2014 - Three gifts for Wise Men
- 25/03/2014 - To HAVi or not to HAVi
- 20/02/2014 - Are you or anyone in your company exposed to vibration, noise, or hazardous substances?
- 18/02/2014 - Three Ear Defenders for the price of Two - February Only
- 10/02/2014 - You'll wish you'd done it sooner
- 16/01/2014 - Shall we come to you?
- 03/09/2013 - Refreshing!
- 19/08/2013 - Ah - Refreshing!
- 16/08/2013 - New ‘Vexo’ Vibration Meter from Castle
- 01/07/2013 - Castle Prize Draw for Training Place
- 25/06/2013 - Health & Safety Expo
- 30/08/2012 - New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 28/06/2012 - NEW Accreditation for Human Vibration Course
- 04/05/2012 - Brand New Human Vibration Meter from Castle!
- 08/12/2011 - New Dates for Training
- 04/02/2010 - Castle sells excess Electronic Orange stock for almost half price
- 01/04/2009 - All new Sound Level Meter range from Castle Group
- 18/09/2008 - The Audiometric Tester
- 01/09/2008 - Motorbike Racer Success for Health and Safety
- 17/01/2008 - Don’t Procrastinate, Attenuate! Hearing Protection Selection Solution! Sound Meter with in-built HPD Database!
- 04/12/2007 - Silver Platter Service-Calibration Services Offered by Castle Group
- 05/10/2007 - Walk away with a rental!
- 20/08/2007 - New Human vibration meter from Castle