And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
09 August 2012
VersaLogic have launched a brand new family of embedded computers to complement their high reliability PC/104, EPIC and EBX boards. The new ‘Falcon’ Embedded Processing Unit (EPU) format combines processor, memory, video, and system I/O into an extremely compact embedded computer.Featuring an Intel® Atom™ E6xxT processor, the Falcon provides up to 1.6 GHz performance with low power consumption. About the size of a credit card (8.4 x 5.5cm), and only 2.2cm thick, the Falcon is the embedded industry’s smallest, lightest, ultra-rugged embedded x86 computer.
It features four USB 2.0 ports, four serial ports, and Intel High-Definition Audio (HDA). A SATA 3 Gb/s interface supports high-capacity rotating or solid-state drives. Dual microSD sockets and a Mini PCIe socket with mSATA capability provide flexible solid-state drive (SSD) options.
Designed to withstand extreme temperature (-40º to +85ºC), the rugged Falcon meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration. Soldered-on RAM and latching SATA, Ethernet, power, and main I/O connectors provide additional ruggedisation for use in extremely harsh environments.
The Falcon is ITAR and RoHS compliant and includes VersaLogic's 5+ year production life guarantee. The Falcon will be available from stock starting in September of 2012. Pricing starts at $853 for 1 GB RAM models in OEM quantities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sarsen.net for more information.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...