Intel Xeon Ice Lake-D Single Board Computers
12 May 2022
One of the most exciting technology introductions in the last two years comes in the form of the eagerly awaited Xeon Ice Lake-D family from Intel.Intel Xeon® D-1700 and D-2700 series processors are power-efficient System-on-Chip (SoC) packages with integrated 40 Gigabit Ethernet for high-speed connectivity and extraordinary networking performance in the most challenging of environments. Ice Lake-D technology is ideal for computationally heavy applications, and packs a real wallop compared to existing Xeon® D processors in terms of sheer processing power and memory density.
The good news for those magpies amongst you who are always looking for the next shiny new thing is that Extreme Engineering has released a new family of rugged single board computers featuring the Intel® Xeon® D-1700 processors, designed for rugged applications where stringent security functions are required to operate in diverse conditions.
The modules provide optimised computing performance with up to 10 processor cores and up to 48 GB of DDR4 memory in three channels, all packaged neatly in a thermally considerate package. If this isn’t enough, X-ES’ LCC processor-based single board computers provide an XMC site and a Microsemi PolarFire FPGA for hosting custom functions, and on top of all that, highly capable 40 Gigabit Ethernet and dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet support.
Coming later this year, X-ES has also designed a number of Intel® Xeon® D-2700 series single board computers providing maximum computing power with up to 20 cores for high-performance networking. Customers can take full advantage of the capability provided by the HCC processors, with dual 40 Gigabit Ethernet ports and up to 64 GB of DDR4 memory in four channels.
Sarsen Technology is the exclusive distributor for X-ES products in the UK and Ireland, and we supply and support Intel® Xeon® D-1700 (LCC) and D-2700 (HCC) series processors on a variety of standard and custom form factors, including 3U and 6U VPX, COM Express, VME and CompactPCI.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/05/2022 - Sarsen Technology Newsletter - May 2022
- 05/05/2022 - Industry’s First COTS Mezzanine with 64 GSps ADC/DAC Sample Rates
- 18/06/2021 - June 2021 - Sarsen Technology Announces Executive Promotions
- 03/02/2021 - EIZO Releases Rugged XMC Graphics/GPGPU Card with Field Programmable Configuration of Analog and Digital Outputs
- 25/11/2020 - EIZO Rugged Releases 3U VPX Graphics/GPGPU Card Based on NVIDIA Turning for AI Applications in the Defense Market
- 28/10/2020 - Alta Data Technologies Releases New NLINE E1553
- 07/07/2020 - July 2020 - EIZO Releases Industry’s First Rugged PCIe Graphics/GPGPU Card for Airborne/Naval ISR Applications
- 03/03/2020 - Masterclock and Sarsen Technology Form Partnership for UK Distribution
- 17/01/2020 - Wiltshire Firm Celebrates 20 Successful Years
- 03/12/2019 - VersaLogic embeds performance, security and resilience in new embedded computer
- 05/11/2019 - VersaLogic takes credit-card sized computers to new heights
- 05/11/2019 - EIZO Releases Chip Down NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (GP107) 3U VPX Graphics/GPGPU Card for Rugged Mil/Aero Applications
- 08/05/2019 - Alta Data Releases Thunderbolt 3 Avionics Appliance
- 26/03/2019 - Annapolis Micro Systems Announces the Appointment of Sarsen Technology Ltd as its Exclusive Distributor in the UK and Ireland
- 08/02/2019 - February 2019 - VersaLogic Announces Android Eval Kit with i.MX6 SBC
- 14/11/2018 - VersaLogic 'Zebra' Named Top 10 Single Board Computer of 2018
- 14/11/2018 - Sarsen Technology Joins P4 Consortium
- 19/09/2018 - Netcope Technologies Announces the Appointment of Sarsen Technology Ltd as its Exclusive Distributor in the UK and Ireland
- 12/04/2018 - BittWare Announces SmartNIC Shell for 100G NICs
- 12/04/2018 - X-ES Introduces XPedite2570 3U VPX Xilinx UltraScale FPGA Module
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...