X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
05 January 2017
The long awaited 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch module from Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES), the XChange3021, is now available. This 3U VPX switch provides both 10 Gigabit Ethernet and PCI Express Gen3 functionality (backwards compatible with Gen2 and Gen1), which allows the XChange3021 to serve as the central hub of inter-board communications inside a high performance OpenVPX™ system.The XChange3021 was designed by X-ES to provide the Ethernet switching capability needed for the next generation of 3U VPX systems. This 3U VPX switch module features a feature-rich packet processing engine, an on-chip ARM A9-based CPU, a managed 10 Gigabit Broadcom BCM56450 Ethernet switch including 102.5 Gb/s of non-blocking switching, and an integrated hierarchical traffic manager to reduce overall board complexity and power, all within a single 40nm device.
The XChange3021 is unique in that it also includes a PCI Express switch that increases throughput by supporting PCI Express Gen3 technology. The integration of a PCI Express switch allows the XChange3021 to support X-ES’ latest 3U VPX modules, such as the XPedite767x family of single board computers, and consequently provides users with a higher bandwidth for both the data plane and control plane. With one 10-port, 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch, up to eight 10BASE-KR or 1000BASE-BX/KX Ethernet ports, and up to three 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports connected to the XMC site, the XChange3021 is capable of switching some of the largest 3U VPX backplanes.
Compliance with a variety of VITA 65 OpenVPX™ switch slot profiles allows for easy integration of the XChange3021 into ready-made backplanes. XChange3021 can optionally include VITA 48.2 Type 1 Two-Level Maintenance (2LM) REDI support. The XChange3021 features a wide variety of configuration options depending on project requirements.
Additional features include extensive IEEE protocol and IETF RFC support, VICTORY Infrastructure Switch support, advanced cable open/short detection, IPv4 and IPv6 support, Energy Efficient Ethernet™ support, and a Ruggedized Enhanced Design Implementation (REDI) per VITA 48. The XPedite5205 XMC/PMC Embedded Services Router (ESR) can be installed on the XChange3021, allowing users to augment XChange3021’s already rich feature set with the power and security offered by the XPedite5205’s via supported Cisco IOS® software.
The Cisco IOS® Software with Cisco Mobile Ready Net capabilities, enables the XPedite5205 to provide highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes across wired and wireless links. The XChange3021 supports IEEE1588v2 transparent clocking and can be combined with the XPort3200 XMC/PMC Grandmaster Clock module, enabling tight synchronisation between all devices connected to the switch.
Add up to 512 GB of secure, Solid-State Storage with a hosted XPort6105 XMC module. This storage module’s security features include AES-256 XTS encryption, where the encryption key can be purged in less than 30 ms, leaving no remnants of the key behind. In addition, the XPort6105 supports several military sanitisation protocols, including a fast clear.
For more information please contact Sarsen Technology.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...