Fleet managers: summer is on its way
01 February 2013
Steve Clarke, general manager of The Fuelcard People, has reminded fleet managers that freezing weather is never permanent: “Summer is really not that far off.” He was making the point that time passes faster than we realise, to show how easy it can be to overlook some infrequent tasks. “You can’t forget about insurance, MOT or Road Tax,” he said, “but it’s easy to put off the annual fuel card review.”He pointed out that failing to obey the law can be costly, but forgetting to check the fuel card market each year can be even more expensive.
“A fine is a one-off charge and is typically relatively low for a first offence. Carrying on with last year’s fuel card, without checking your options, could mean paying for the neglect every time a nozzle is put into the tank.”
Steve pointed out that fuel cards, and their suppliers, are not all the same. The market itself is dynamic: today’s options are not the same as a year ago.
“The Total fuel card is the most obvious example of change. A year ago, it was the best choice for many fleets. Today, it doesn’t even exist. The only way for a fleet manager to be confident of having the best possible deal on refuelling is to check every major fuel card brand, at least annually".
"Some, unfortunately, seem emotionally tied to suppliers that don’t cover every major brand. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want to compare everything available before making a vital, potentially expensive, fuel card choice.”
“The Fuelcard People may not be able to help with the weather, but we can examine every major fuel card brand to find the best possible deal for any fleet.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 28/06/2013 - Fleet managers: the only way is up
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 01/03/2013 - Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
- 20/02/2013 - Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
- 11/02/2013 - Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
- 29/01/2013 - Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 20/11/2012 - How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test