Fleet managers: the only way is up
28 June 2013
Fleet managers have been warned not to read too much into short-term dips in fuel prices. James Richmond, general manager of The Fuelcard People said.“Pump prices might drop briefly, but the overall trend will remain upwards. Demand is always rising for oil products and, while there is still plenty of crude to be extracted, the last supply was created millions of years ago. In simple terms, they have stopped making it.”
The advice for fleet managers is straightforward; keep on top of fuel costs by taking nothing for granted and reviewing regularly. “The most obvious way to save, month after month, is with the right fuel card,” said James Richmond, “But, it is not enough just to find a fuel card and forget about it. They are not all the same and the market is dynamic. In fact, if a fleet has been using any fuel card from another supplier for more than 15 months, I can virtually guarantee that we could find them a better deal.”
He pointed out that a number of suppliers had come and gone during the last year, while others had changed the way they charge customers. At least one had introduced transaction charges, dramatically affecting the overall cost of refuelling. Meanwhile, the same year saw one major fuel card brand disappearing entirely, as others extended their networks.
James Richmond said, “The only way is up for oil prices, so take nothing for granted. Invest a couple of minutes in a phone call. You might only get confirmation that you already have the best possible combination of savings, service and security, but you could find yourself in whole new world of reduced costs.”
The Fuelcard People deals with the refuelling, emissions monitoring and mileage recording concerns of fleet managers every day. It helps them to find the best refuelling deals through a range which includes commercial rate fuel cards valid at BP, The Co-operative, Emo, Esso, Gulf, Shell, Texaco, Q8, Jet, Gulf, Spot, Murco, Morrisons, Tesco, Pace and Moto filling stations, as well as on the Diesel Direct (Keyfuels), MyFuel and UK Fuels networks.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 01/03/2013 - Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
- 20/02/2013 - Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
- 11/02/2013 - Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
- 01/02/2013 - Fleet managers: summer is on its way
- 29/01/2013 - Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 20/11/2012 - How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test