Businesses lose money taking the ‘easy option’
11 February 2013
Businesses nationwide are losing money by taking the ‘easy option’ on fuel cards, according to The Fuelcard People. Many operators’ long-held fuel cards no longer offer the best possible deals, but businesses believe that it is easier to keep using them than to replace them.Steve Clarke, general manager of The Fuelcard People, said: “It may seem easier just to keep doing the same thing rather making a change, but this ‘easy option’ is costing businesses money. Many would be able to find better deals by changing fuel cards. The world has moved on since they first used them and, these days, fuel cards are not all the same. It does make a difference which you use but, fortunately, it now only takes a few moments to compare the whole market and find a better deal, saving up to 10p per litre.”
The challenge for businesses is that the overwhelming majority of suppliers only offer one or two different fuel cards, making it awkward to compare the benefits of everything available. “Even all the so-called comparison sites do not really help,” said Steve Clarke, “as only one of them covers every major brand.”
He invited businesses to call The Fuelcard People and ask for a free Instant Fuel Card Audit. “Within a single short call, we can compare every major brand of discount fuel card and, if there is a better deal than the one they already have, set them up with a replacement. We can give completely impartial advice because, covering everything available, we differ from any other supplier in having no need to push any particular fuel card.”
Businesses can check whether their current fuel card offers the best possible deal for their specific needs by simply calling The Fuelcard People on 0844 870 6942 or by checking www.thefuelcardpeople.co.uk
The Fuelcard People’s range includes fuel cards which are valid at BP, Esso, Shell, Texaco, Q8, Jet, Gulf, Spot, Murco, Morrisons, Tesco, The Co-operative Food and Moto filling stations, as well as the on the Keyfuels Diesel Direct and UK Fuels networks.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/08/2014 - Cheaper refuelling simplified for the public sector
- 21/07/2014 - Fleets losing money by not learning from the past
- 30/06/2014 - What would you do with an extra £200 per car?
- 25/06/2014 - Fuel cards: honesty or truth?
- 30/05/2014 - Fuel cards: look beyond the obvious
- 11/10/2013 - The Fuelcard People launch new website
- 16/09/2013 - Fleet managers: always read the small print
- 16/08/2013 - Get yourself a dongle!
- 28/06/2013 - Fleet managers: the only way is up
- 31/05/2013 - Poor service wastes time and money
- 30/05/2013 - Fleet managers: the rainforest people say, “Thank you for helping.”
- 17/05/2013 - The easy route to the best fuel card
- 16/05/2013 - Fleet managers told to stop 'shredding banknotes'
- 29/04/2013 - Look for fuel cards with more than discounts
- 19/04/2013 - Fleet managers gain accurate HMRC reporting with MileageCount
- 12/04/2013 - Dedicated Fuelcard service for Fleet Managers
- 22/03/2013 - The Fuelcard People with the personal touch
- 20/03/2013 - Businesses warned: beware of false fuel card claims
- 20/03/2013 - Paperwork wastes time and money
- 01/03/2013 - Fleet Managers advisewd not to put up with "call centre syndrome"
- 20/02/2013 - Allstar tells unhappy customers to leave
- 01/02/2013 - Fleet managers: summer is on its way
- 29/01/2013 - Six Golden Rules for businesses looking for best fuel cost savings
- 21/01/2013 - Businesses warned: you spend too much on fuel
- 14/01/2013 - Fleet managers reminded to watch their cashflow
- 20/12/2012 - Is your fleet a victim of moonlight robbery?
- 20/12/2012 - Fleets have lots to celebrate in 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Company fleets: not a government priority?
- 20/11/2012 - How fleet managers can save trees, time and money
- 05/11/2012 - M6 tolls made simple with fuel cards
- 31/10/2012 - Fleet managers warned: emissions reporting is coming
- 12/03/2012 - Now is the Spring of our discount tankful
- 12/03/2012 - Are you shredding your money?
- 28/09/2011 - Comparing fuel prices? Fuelcard People urge Fleet Managers to try the telephone test