Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
22 May 2009
The established range of ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 Super 66, 78 and 90 Flashback Arrestors from Witt, the gas safety, control, mixing and analysis equipment supplier have now been successfully tested and approved to EN 730 standard for use with ethylene.
Ethylene C2H4 is an odourless, colourless flammable gas produced in the natural state by certain plants in their tissues, as well as being created by man made sources from natural gas and petroleum. It is produced in the petrochemical industry by integration, where gaseous or light liquid hydrocarbons are briefly heated to 750–950 °C, inducing numerous free radical reactions.
Ethylene is often used as an anesthetic agent (in an 85% ethylene/15% oxygen ratio) for accelerating the ripening of bananas and maturing the colour of citrus fruits as well as to increase the growth rate of seedlings, vegetables and fruit trees. It is also used in oxyethylene welding and cutting of metals, the manufacture of ethylene oxide, ethylene alcohol, polyethylene and other plastics and as an anaesthetic.
WITT flashback arrestors for use with ethylene, provide reliable protection of single cylinders, outlet points (hoses and any equipment) or pipelines against dangerous gas back feeding and flashbacks meeting BAM and TÜV certification. Pressure control systems, points of use and complete energy supply systems (MECS) incorporate these devices.
Witt Flashback arrestors can be mounted in any position or orientation with one flashback arrestor connected to protect each individual piece of equipment.
Witt recommend that flashback arrestor users test the non-return valve, body leak tightness and flow capacity annually using Witt’s special test equipment. The Company also recommends that all servicing of flashback arrestors should be carried out by the manufacturer.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 09/04/2010 - Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 07/01/2010 - Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 01/09/2009 - Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 10/07/2009 - "3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 27/03/2009 - Witt appoints new service technician
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 01/08/2008 - Cobalt and Witt Unite
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER