Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
09 April 2010
Moisture in gases and compressed air can cause considerable damage, so it is vitally important to perform regular checks.This new hand-held analyser has been developed for mobile use. It features a ceramic metal oxide sensor that determines the humidity of the gas from the dew point, which is generally recognised as a superior method, being very quick and giving precise measurements. Significantly lower sensitivity to environmental temperature, very low error of measurement (+/- 2°C) and a large measurement range of -110 to +20 °C are real advantages over alternative sensor systems.
Hydrobaby is ideally suited for sensitive applications such as medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology. Other applications are industrial process monitoring, environmental technology, gaseous fuels and other applications for technical gases and air, such as in the metal fabrication industry and food processing industry.
This handy device is made of shock-resistant plastic and pressed aluminium. It weighs approximately 1,600 grams, has an integrated long-life rechargeable battery and a backlit graphic display with multilingual menu. It displays the relevant parameters such as dew point, relative humidity as a percentage and moisture concentration in ppm (parts per million), as well as the ambient temperature, pressure in the measuring chamber and a trend plot of the measured values. For the latter a circulating memory that can store the last 4000 measurements is included. An inbuilt test routine protects against measuring errors and warns if the filter is blocked.
Users can assign measurements to various products or processes by name. The integrated USB port allows data export for further processing and documentation, as well as recharging the battery.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 07/01/2010 - Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 01/09/2009 - Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 10/07/2009 - "3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 22/05/2009 - Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 27/03/2009 - Witt appoints new service technician
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 01/08/2008 - Cobalt and Witt Unite
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER