Saving energy the easy way
28 January 2009
Limescale is a major player in increased energy costs for end users and in a lot of cases the end user does not even realise
Many of us live in hard-water areas and are sometimes unaware of the limescale building up daily throughout the plumbing system - after all, we don't need to worry about what we can't see, right?
One area most prone to limescale, is the boiler or hot water cylinder. As soon as hard water gets warm, the scale starts forming getting thicker and thicker so that in a fairly short period of time it takes almost twice as much energy to heat up the same amount of water. The scale keeps getting even thicker and eventually it just takes ages to heat the water. The amount of energy required to heat the same amount of water increases exponentially so the thicker the scale the more energy is required. In the end the scale can be so thick that if you turn on the immersion heater it will just blow because the heat it generates cannot escape into the water. The immersion heater just overheats and packs up.
In real terms this can mean more oil, gas or electricity to heat the same amount of water and of course more money. Money, which in reality is just being wasted.
But if the limescale is removed and fresh limescale prevented from forming, water heating becomes much more efficient.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 23/02/2018 - Green Lightning Pack
- 31/10/2017 - Get soft water and help reduce CO2
- 22/09/2016 - Water softeners and descallers
- 05/02/2016 - New little plumber LP2 unit
- 22/07/2014 - Little Plumber LP3 still performing well after 8 years at Hospital Metalcraft of Blandford Forum in Dorset.
- 22/07/2014 - Global Warming... Well is it or isn’t it?
- 22/07/2014 - FREE Energy Saving Device
- 22/07/2014 - Barak Obama Amongst Others has Called for a Worldwide Effort to Reduce Global Warming.
- 22/07/2014 - A Decade of Hard Water Treatment
- 17/03/2014 - The new LP2+ from Little Plumber
- 25/10/2013 - Electronic Water Softener
- 02/08/2012 - Little Plumber reduces energy costs
- 20/02/2012 - Little Plumber celebrates decade of hard water treatment
- 05/07/2011 - Electronic water descaler vs Ion Exchange water softener
- 07/02/2011 - Little Plumbers' small world of steam room generator maintenance
- 04/02/2011 - Little Plumber keeps steam generator limescale free
- 17/11/2010 - Little Plumber admitted to hospital
- 15/11/2010 - Little Plumbers receive a make-over
- 15/11/2010 - Little Plumbers in good health at Hospital Metalcraft
- 12/11/2010 - Little Plumbers' positive steps in reducing global warming
- 12/11/2010 - De Vere all steamed up with Little Plumber
- 08/02/2010 - Soft water or hard water and what exactly is the difference?
- 24/11/2009 - Splendid relief for Eczema and Psoriasis sufferers
- 21/09/2009 - Winter weather is all about energy conservation
- 22/07/2009 - So how do you know if your hard water needs a Little Plumber?
- 08/05/2009 - Grimaldi House combats limescale with Splendid Little Plumber
- 22/04/2009 - The Darling buds of Earth day
- 12/03/2009 - Chalk landmarks mean hard water
- 06/03/2009 - Electronic Water Conditioners battle with Energy Saving trust
- 19/01/2009 - Eczema and Psoriasis sufferers benefit from Electronic Hard Water Conditioners