Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
16 April 2009
With the new PAX IDAX-300 test set from Megger, the condition of the insulation in power transformers – a key indicator of future reliability and performance – can be easily, quickly and accurately assessed.
Information provided by the instrument is an important aid for optimising the service life of costly power transformers. The test set is also suitable for assessing the insulation condition of bushings, cables, motors and generators.
The innovative IDAX-300 is based on frequency domain spectroscopy (FDS), which is also known as true dielectric frequency response testing. This well proven and dependable technique is now available in a self-contained, field portable unit with USB and LAN communications, allowing convenient, remote controlled testing, data retrieval and analysis.
By using FDS, which involves measuring the capacitance and tan delta/power factor of insulation at multiple frequencies, the IDAX-300 is able to evaluate not only the condition of the oil in a transformer, but also the condition of the solid insulation.
This gives a much more comprehensive and dependable indication of the transformer’s overall health than traditional test techniques. FDS also offers the additional important benefit that tests can be performed at any temperature.
The latest in the range of FDS test sets from Megger, the IDAX-300 is complemented by new software that has been specifically designed for ease of use, and which allows moisture assessment of the insulation in a transformer to be completed in just 18 minutes.
Weighing less than 5 kg and capable of operation from battery or any 50 or 60 Hz supply in the range 90 V to 265 V, the IDAX-300 is equally suitable for use in the laboratory, the workshop or on site. It is supplied in the form of a complete ready-to-use kit that includes the instrument itself, a set of 30-foot cables, a hard transport case, a soft case for accessories, a software CD and a comprehensive user manual.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth