Megger measures low resistance anywhere
24 April 2009
Equally at home in the laboratory, the workshop or in the field, on the bench or on the ground, Megger’s new heavy duty DLRO10HD low resistance ohmmeter combines rugged construction with accuracy and ease of use.
It features an internal rechargeable battery and can also operate from a mains supply, even if the battery is completely flat. Like all models in the DLRO10 range, the DLRO10HD, when used with optional terminal insulating test leads, is rated CATIII, 600 V in line with IEC61010.
This versatile new test set is built into a tough but easy-to-carry case that provides an IP65 ingress protection rating when closed and an IP54 rating when the instrument is in use and operating from battery power.
The instrument’s rotary switch controls are convenient to operate even with gloved hands, and it incorporates a large backlit liquid crystal display that can be easily read from a considerable distance.
With 0.1 microohm resolution, 0.2% basic accuracy, and a dedicated mode for use with inductive loads, the DLRO10HD is ideal for applications as diverse as checking the integrity of welded joints and verifying winding resistance in large motors and transformers.
To provide maximum versatility, this innovative test set not only features high compliance but also offers user-selectable high or low power ranges. The high power < 25 W ranges (measuring up to 250 milliohm at 10 A , or 2.5 ohm at 1 A) are ideal for heating a weakness or charging inductive loads. The low power ranges are power limited to 250 mW for applications where it is desirable to avoid heating the item under test.
The instrument offers a choice of five test modes. In normal mode, the test is initiated by pressing the “test” button. The instrument verifies continuity of all four connections, and then applies the test current in both forward and reverse directions before displaying the result. In automatic mode, the test starts as soon as the probes make contact with the item under test.
Automatic unidirectional mode is the same as automatic mode, but the test current is applied in one direction only. This reduces the testing time, but thermal EMFs from contact between dissimilar metals may reduce the accuracy of the results.
Continuous mode makes repeated measurements at three-second intervals on the same sample. Inductive mode is, as the name suggests, optimised for tests on motors, transformers and other inductive loads, supplying a full 10 Amps for 60 up to seconds.
DLRO10HD heavy-duty low resistance ohmmeters from Megger are supplied, as standard, with a set of test leads fitted with high-quality duplex hand spikes featuring lights to remotely indicate when a test is complete or inadvertent connection to live supply. Test leads with Kelvin clips are also available as an option.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth