Megger ups the ante in oil testing
23 July 2010
Redesigned in their entirety after a detailed analysis of user requirements, the new range of oil test sets from Megger sets new standards for performance, ease of use, reliability and value for money.The new OTS range offers laboratory instruments for testing up to 100 kV, and portable instruments, including the world’s lightest oil test sets in the 60 kV and 75 kV to 80 kV ranges.
Megger’s new oil test sets offer convenient and precise thumbwheel adjustment for electrode spacing. Unlike all other currently available instruments, the adjuster incorporates a locking mechanism that completely eliminates the problem of accidental electrode movement during testing.
The test sets also use a robust, low cost vessel that has been specifically designed to help users deal with the practical aspects of oil sampling and testing. Other key features include a unique test chamber drain for spilt oil, automatic oil temperature measurement, support for both output voltage and output current breakdown detection, and facilities for storing results internally and on standard USB memory sticks.
The instruments are supplied pre-loaded with all common oil test standards currently in use around the world. The USB port can, however, be used to upload new versions of the standards as they are developed, providing users of the instruments with a high degree of future proofing.
The OTS range includes five models. The OTS60AF, OTS80AF and OTS100AF are primarily intended for use in fixed locations, such as laboratories, and offer maximum test voltages of 60 kV, 80 kV and 100 kV respectively. The OTS60PB and OTS80PB are compact lightweight instruments for portable use and offer maximum test voltages of 60 kV and 80 kV respectively.
All models feature a colour display with straightforward menu navigation, which makes them fast and easy to use. In addition, the laboratory models have a large keypad to facilitate rapid data entry.
Across the range, Megger offers a configure-to-build service. This allows purchasers to specify the precise combination of options they need, and then Megger builds the instrument to suit. This means that users can have all of the features and facilities they need, without having to pay for unwanted options.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth